VMware Cloud Community
hexghost
Contributor
Contributor

Problem after upgrading to 3.2.5

I just upgraded my HQ server (open source version) and the agents. Now, on the HQ dashboard, a few of the servers are showing up under the "auto-discovery" section as status:modified (makes sense).

However, clicking on either add to inventory or skipped checked doesn't seem to do anything, because after a refresh the same servers still show.

What do i do?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
exxoid
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the exact same issue, i had 3.2.4; upgraded to 3.2.5.

On the dashboard for auto-discovery, it shows all the servers that have the agents running (3.2.4) and after clicking import or skip; it is still there.

I tried importing the 3.2.5 agent as well, and it still stays there.. Any help appreciated.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
excowboy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

do you see any specific server in the auto-discovery portlet or only the Agents ?

Mirko
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

hexghost and exoid,

If the resources are already imported or skipped, then you can clear the auto inventory queue manually. First you need to query for the platform ID, then pull them from the auto inventory table:

Go to: https://your.server.domain:7443/admin/sql.jsp (note I use a secure connection in this example)

Get the platform ID:

SELECT * FROM EAM_AIQ_PLATFORM;

To Remove:

DELETE FROM EAM_AIQ_IP WHERE AIQ_PLATFORM_ID = <platform id>;

DELETE FROM EAM_AIQ_SERVER WHERE AIQ_PLATFORM_ID = <platform id>;

DELETE FROM EAM_AIQ_PLATFORM WHERE ID = <platform id>;

This may be a bug in the upgrade path, but IIRC we also have a feature pending to purge the queue from within the dashboard.

--jeremy
0 Kudos
TheChristoph
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem and I found a likely workaround, by clicking on the agentname and than accept the menu with OK.

If it want's you any servers to import you don't want to import:
- first uncheck the imports on the Dashboard and click skip resource
-> than nothing seems to happen
- after that click on the agentname choose add the servers to import and accept with OK

In both cases the Auto-Discovery-Message should be disapear.
In the most cases also the servers wouldn't be added to your inventory, but if they are imported anyway, you could still deleten them manually.
The Dashboard Auto-Discovery Messages should not reappear.

A little strange but in my case it works. 😉
0 Kudos
edan_hyperic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have had the same problem after upgrading to 3.2.5 from 3.2.3. However, I'm pretty sure we MAY have had the problem prior, because I saw a lot of entries in the auto-discovery portlet prior. But other users were adding servers, so it was hard for me to track.

In fact, with one agent install in a RHEL 5.2 Xen guest (post upgrade), it would always get stuck in the queue and I went through several cycles of deleting its data directory, and removing it from the EAM_AIQ tables manually as described. I'm not even sure if it started working, but I don't want to VPN to check atm 😉

I can provide more information if necessary; I mostly wanted to chime in with "me too" 🙂
0 Kudos