axiob
Contributor
Contributor

Problem In Generating PDF Report Contains Chinese Characters

Hi,All

Here is my environment:
Hyperic Version: hyperic-hq--3.2.1-EE-631
iReport:iReport-2.0.5

I custmized a Hyperic Report contains Chinese Characters,and it can be previewed in PDF with Adobe Reader in iReport normally, the iTextAsian.jar file had been copied to %HQ server%hq-engine\server\default\deploy\hq.ear\lib

But,the following errors occured when I launched the report to generate a PDF In Hyperic

org.hyperic.hq.common.SystemException: org.jboss.tm.JBossTransactionRolledbackException: Could not load the following font : pdfFontName : STSong-Light pdfEncoding : UniGB-UCS2-H isPdfEmbedded : true; CausedByException is: Could not load the following font : pdfFontName : STSong-Light pdfEncoding : UniGB-UCS2-H isPdfEmbedded : true; nested exception is: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRRuntimeException: Could not load the following font : pdfFontName : STSong-Light pdfEncoding : UniGB-UCS2-H isPdfEmbedded : true; - nested throwable: (net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRRuntimeException: Could not load the following font : pdfFontName : STSong-Light pdfEncoding : UniGB-UCS2-H isPdfEmbedded : true) at com.hyperic.hq.ui.action.reporting.ReportingAction.execute(ReportingAction.java:105) at org.hyperic.hq.ui.action.BaseRequestProcessor.processActionPerform(BaseRequestProcessor.java:63) at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236) at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196) at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:432) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173) at org.hyperic.hq.ui.AuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AuthenticationFilter.java:151) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173) at org.hyperic.hibernate.filter.SessionFilter$1.run(SessionFilter.java:59) at org.hyperic.hq.hibernate.SessionManager.runInSessionInternal(SessionManager.java:79) at org.hyperic.hq.hibernate.SessionManager.runInSession(SessionManager.java:68) at org.hyperic.hibernate.filter.SessionFilter.doFilter(SessionFilter.java:57) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173) at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:81) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter

It executed normally when generating the report in HTML format
what should I do for generating PDF report contains Chinese?
sorry for my poor English.
Please advice... Regards

Message was edited by: axiob
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ualfaro
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not the expert programmer you wanted, but i think that's something about the iTextAsian.jar could not find the font "STSong-Light" as PDFEmbedded...

why don't try to use another font?

it is my humble opinion but i guess it could be helpful...

Ulises.
0 Kudos
axiob
Contributor
Contributor

The problem has been resolved,the iTextAsian.jar file not be located in the proper directory that causing the problem (the jar file must be placed in server-3.2.4-EE\hq-engine\server\default\lib )
0 Kudos