VMware Cloud Community
jtataGP
Contributor
Contributor

Orphaned Service Types

I've found something strange occurring after some of my experimentation with trying to develop plug-ins. If I create a plug in that defines a service, then remove that plug-in, the service will still appear in all the "type" drop downs (such as the "new service" creation or the filter on platform inventory screens). Has anyone else experienced this? How do I make these go away?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
excowboy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

yes I have also seen this behaviour. Hyperic HQ does not remove plugins from the drop down lists if you remove them.
You could probably run a special SQL command to remove the plugins and its services.
Please be very careful.

Try to use the SQL interface and have a look at the following tables: http://<HQ_SERVER_IP>:7080/admin/sql.jsp

select * from EAM_PLUGIN;
select * from EAM_SERVICE_TYPE;

If you use an UPDATE statement to remove service types from that table, please make sure that it is not being referenced any longer.

Cheers,
Mirko
0 Kudos
jzola_hyperic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If you have problem with sql query and use built in database.

phppgadmin is your friend. you are able to connect hyperichq db with hqadmin/hqadmin login. Of course dont publish pgadmin to internet, because you will hacked.
0 Kudos
jtataGP
Contributor
Contributor

I am using MySQL. I was able to fix the issue by removing the offending records in PHP admin.
Thank you.
0 Kudos