VMware Cloud Community
skullone
Contributor
Contributor

OpenSolaris server support

Has anyone successfully gotten Hyperic Server installed onto OpenSolaris?
I was running into issues with the 'deployment' earlier today at work, thought I'd post to see if anyone had any tricks they could share.
Does Hyperic require any special roles added to its user?

I also had troubles installing on FreeBSD 6.3, but seeming related to JRE builds on FreeBSD that are a freebsd port's problem...
0 Kudos
5 Replies
skullone
Contributor
Contributor

Trying again today, and I'm still not able to Hyperic installed on OpenSolaris 2008.11:

$ ./setup.sh
Unpacking JRE to temporary directory /tmp/jre
/export/home/bjones/hyperic-hq-installer/installer-4.0.2-EE/bin/ant[299]: eval[1]: exec: /tmp/jre/bin/java: cannot execute [Invalid argument]

Not sure what argument is invalid, there doesn't appear to be any log files created during the setup script runs.
Any ideas?
0 Kudos
scottmf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Try a JRE from the box rather than the embedded one.
0 Kudos
excowboy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi skullone,

which HQ package did you download ?
I think OpenSolaris is only available for x86 architecture so the only package that you could use is one without JRE (hyperic-hq-installer-4.0.2-EE-940-noJRE.tgz).
Please consider that you need to setup a database, because database is also not bundled:
http://support.hyperic.com/display/DOC/HQ+Installation+and+Configuration+Guide

Cheers,
Mirko
0 Kudos
skullone
Contributor
Contributor

I got this going finally, had to take out the 64 bit detection in the startup script, remove entries in the hosts file before startup (need to re-add them afterwards for other stuff to work though)
0 Kudos
excowboy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi Brent,

glad you got it finally running and thanks for the hint about the start script. OpenSolaris comes only with 32-Bit JRE and the start script expects 64-Bit JRE. I'm going to create a bug report.

Cheers,
Mirko
0 Kudos