VMware Cloud Community
AT123
Contributor
Contributor

NodeManager 10.3 is discovered and setup, but availability not collected

NodeManager 10.3 is discovered and setup, but availability not collected

----

Hi,

we have been setting up systems for monitoring on our Hyperic server (4.6 open source Linux 64bits on Oracle Linux 64bits v5.7).

one of the systems is a WebLogic 10.3 application (with 1 nodemanager, 1 admin, 4 managed servers running on Oracle Linux 64bits v5.7).

all 6 servers were discovered and added to the inventory.  after going through the configurations for the servers, all but the nodemanager

are working.  strangely, we have gone through the NodeManger config many times and still there are no collections happening.  we checked

the agent log and we dont see any errors as well.

does anyone know what's wrong?

thanks in advance!

Albert

0 Kudos
2 Replies
excowboy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

I would increase the debug level in the agent.properties file and see if something pops up. The other option is to invoke the plugin from the commandline. First you would need to run an autodiscovery and the get the plugin to do metric collection. Have you ever tried that ? There is some documentation available how to do it. Unfortunately I cannot give you an example for NodeManager at this stage since I do not have Weblogic running.

Cheers,

Mirko

0 Kudos
AT123
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

we have this issue corrected...

well, actually, the recently released 4.6.6 fixed this issue for us.  previously with 4.6.0, NodeManager is not discovered but unable to talk to.

whatever the cause is, 4.6.6 fixed it.

Albert

0 Kudos