VMware Cloud Community
useResa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No metrics for "Number of Processes" (MultiProcess)

I have Hyperic 5.0 (Open Source version from SourceForge), both server and agent, installed on CentOS 6.4.

Most of the metrics I desire and wished to monitor are working fine and I am provided with the information I require.

What I do not get visualized is the "Numbers of Processes" for a MultiProcess that I am monitoring.

For those familiar with SAS Software, I require insight in the number of workspace servers that are running, the CPU and memory they are consuming.

I have defined these as a MultiProcess with the following query: State.Name.eq=sas,Args.*.eq=WSS_SASApp_Lev1

When I run this query from the terminal in sigar I get listed the number of workspace servers that are currently running, as an example:

sigar> ps State.Name.eq=sas,Args.*.eq=WSS_SASApp_Lev1

3761    rdrijsen    20:05    1.2G     33M     19M    S    0:0    /usr/local/SASHome/SASFoundation/9.3/sasexe/sas

3884    rdrijsen    20:05    1.2G     39M     19M    S    0:0    /usr/local/SASHome/SASFoundation/9.3/sasexe/sas

However, the graph for the Number of Processes shows "No Metric Data Available".

From the above I assume that the number of processes can be determined.

Am I overlooking something?

If more info is required, please let me know.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
tallk2jelliott
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever resolve the issue of no metric data for Number of Processes? I am having a similar problem. Could someone please answer this question.

0 Kudos