VMware Cloud Community
nomad_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

Newbie question on integrating custom plugin with Dashboard

Hi

I've written a plugin to have some user control over resources in a webapp. I have the plugin developed but I can't seem to find how to integrate the plugin into the dashboard for use.

I have the plugins in the relevant directories but I don't know how to find them on the dashboard.

Can anyone point me to documentation or posts that discuss this. I can't seem to find any.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Are you trying to make your plugin appear as a portlet on the dashboard?

Control Actions will appear under the "Control" tab for the resource for which they were defined.
0 Kudos
excowboy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

did you read this
http://support.hyperic.com/display/hypcomm/HQU+Views+and+Attachments

Or check this page and scroll down to "Set Location Properties for a View Plugin"
http://support.hyperic.com/display/EVO/Developing+an+HQU+Plugin

Cheers,
Mirko
0 Kudos
nomad_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks! I will check these out and update you with my progress.
0 Kudos
neha_noma
Contributor
Contributor

Did you get the solution?

I am also facing the similar problem. I have my plugin working from commandline. I copied the plugin in HQ Server and Agent machine's desired directories. My plugin exposes the "server" so I am able to find this server in HQ dashboard and I am able add this my Agent platform. But not able to see any of the metrics.

I dont think we need to write a HQU plugin to achieve it. It should be detected by the HQ server I guess.

Please guide.
0 Kudos
neha_noma
Contributor
Contributor

Did you get the solution?

I am also facing the similar problem. I have my plugin working from commandline. I copied the plugin in HQ Server and Agent machine's desired directories. My plugin exposes the "server" so I am able to find this server in HQ dashboard and I am able add this my Agent platform. But not able to see any of the metrics.

I dont think we need to write a HQU plugin to achieve it. It should be detected by the HQ server I guess.

Please guide.
0 Kudos