VMware Cloud Community
dspatz
Contributor
Contributor

New Windows install - fails startup

We downloaded and installed version 3.2.0 on our 2003 server. The installation went with out a error message. When we try to start from the command prompt, it will stall at loading the Log4jService$URLWatchTimerTask.

I have attached server.log

FYI
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JohnMarkOrg
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

From the server.log, looks like you're hitting some DB connection errors. I assume that you're using the windows bundle (which includes a postgresql database).

1. Are you sure that postgres is running? Should be fairly easy to detect

2. Are you sure that the right ports are open? You might want to temporarily disable your firewall to see if that changes anything. If it does, it means you have disabled the port on which postgresql listens.

3. If you're using an external database, then for whatever reason, it's rejecting your connection.

The connection is being refused outright, so either the db is having trouble starting, or the port is closed, which is probably a windows firewall issue.

You didn't state which CPU arch you're using - I assume it's 32-bit x86?

-John Mark
0 Kudos
dspatz
Contributor
Contributor

I am not seeing the DB running. Wasn't that supposed to have been installed as part of the .msi? How can I install and start?
0 Kudos
dspatz
Contributor
Contributor

Answer to your other questions: Firewall has been turned off, we are running all of this across a local network to get started and yes we are x86
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

If you installed using the MSI, you should be using the Service
Manager to start the HQ Server, which should also start the HQ
Database service. You said in your original post that you started
using the command line?

Charles

0 Kudos