VMware Cloud Community
dzegelman
Contributor
Contributor

Network Team Interface

We have Windows 2000 servers with team network interfaces based on Broadcom and Intel cards. We have crashes of hq-agent on these platforms with a lot of connectivity errors.

Does teaming supported in Hyperic? If it does, what need to be done to stabilize hq-agent?

Best Regards,

Dan Zegelman.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
dougm_hyperic
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I'm not familar with team network interfaces, can you explain a bit? Please post any hs_err_pid*.log files generated by the crash.
0 Kudos
dzegelman
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have made additional testing and figured out that Team Interface (Windows termin for link aggregation, means virtual network interface aggregating couple of physical ones for scalability and high availability purposes) is not a problem.

My problem is that after successful installation (Server on Windows XP and agent on windows 2000 sp4 with IIS5) every time server tries to communicate with agent it got "Connection reset" and agent fails. My testing shows that port is correct, telnet plain text connection to the agent from server is catched normally.

What a problem can be?

Thanks in advance,

Dan
0 Kudos
cwitt_hyperic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Is the "Connection reset" occurring during the initializaiton of the agent (where you enter the server IP and port, admin username/password, and client IP and port), or does it get through that OK, and is failing in subsequent communitcation? If it is failing during initialization, you will want to double-check that the client IP address that is auto-detected is the correct one for the server connection, and correct it if it is not.
0 Kudos
dzegelman
Contributor
Contributor

No, Install and first autodiscovery is ok, only when I am trying to operate agent from server (like configure IIS) it fails with "Connection reset" error on server side, agent log is clean.
0 Kudos
hamster2k3
Contributor
Contributor

Yep. Same scenario here.

I'm getting that behavior on 2x Windows 2000 Server.
And I got 2 other Windows 2000 Server, which I don't seem to have that behavior.

They are almost identical in software configuration.
Can't seem to find the answer as to why it's doing that so far.

Any clue ? Have you found anything yet ?

Thanks
0 Kudos