VMware Cloud Community
hypermike
Contributor
Contributor

(MySQL Process 5.x) availablility show all red ???

what does this mean in the HYPERIC configuration jdbcURL :

dbc:mysql://localhost/mysql

does this mean if I have a browser on the machine that this mysql is on and try and open
dbc:mysql://localhost/mysql I show get a connection , But not from the hyperic server
running 3.0 V296. ?????

Im trying to configure the hyperic server to monitor the mysql application . I had a admin give me an account that has show status permisssion. Dont know much about how to use mysql.

The config page has 2 requistes :
You can connect to the MySQL server as hyperic using the JDBC URL jdbc:mysql://localhost/mysql ---In this sentence is hyperic the user name that has show status permissions??? Where do I look to figure out whats causing the red unavailability status?

2. The user hyperic is able to issue 'SHOW STATUS' commands to MySQL .I tested this and it works OK.

Message was edited by: hypermike
0 Kudos
4 Replies
hypermike
Contributor
Contributor

I see on the client side that is running the mysql the following:

2007-03-05 19:29:29,292 INFO [RuntimeAutodiscoverer] Running runtime autodiscovery for MySQL Process 5.x
2007-03-05 19:29:29,309 WARN [RuntimeAutodiscoverer] Error running autodiscoverer for plugin: MySQL Process 5.x: Er
ror querying for databases Syntax error or access violation, message from server: "Access denied for user 'hyperic'
@'localhost' to database 'mysql'"
org.hyperic.hq.product.PluginException: Error querying for databases Syntax error or access violation, message from
server: "Access denied for user 'hyperic'@'localhost' to database 'mysql'"

yet I can login to the mysql and run show status commands on the mysqp client system
0 Kudos
hypermike
Contributor
Contributor

I think I fixed my own problem. I had to give the MySQL hyperic user "Select"
privileges to all of the databases. Then hyperic could monitor and show as available
the mysql 5x process. Your config page ONLY says that "SHOW STATUS " is required.
I dont know if you have to add this to the instructions or NOT.
0 Kudos
Amayesn1
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Hypermike,

I am having the same problem. I made the change that your stated. I am new to Hyperic so can you please tell me where this log file is located?
0 Kudos
Amayesn1
Contributor
Contributor

I found the agent.log file. Thanks. Now I can track my progress.
0 Kudos