VMware Cloud Community
mcd11
Contributor
Contributor

Multiple JBoss versions

Anyone ever get the agent to work when multiple versions of JBoss are on the same server?

I run multiple instances of JBoss by binding multiple IP addresses to the server and then use the "--host" option when starting JBoss to bind to a single address. Currently we are migrating from JBoss 3.2.7 to JBoss 4.0.5 so we have both versions on most of our servers.

After installing the agent, I get the 4.0.5 instance registered and everything looks OK. Then I try to register the 3.2.7 instance and I get an error:

The configuration has not been set for this resource due to : Invalid configuration: Error contacting resource: Can't connect to MBeanServer [java.naming.provider.url=jnp%3A//10.15.132.236%3A1099,java.naming.security.principal=,java.naming.security.credentials=]: javax.naming.NamingException: Could not dereference object [Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.io.InvalidClassException: org.jboss.util.id.GUID; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 6926421946503004889, local class serialVersionUID = 3289509836244263718]]

I was thinking about trying to get another instance of the Agent installed and try to use one agent for 4.0.5 and another agent for 3.2.7.

Any ideas?
0 Kudos
0 Replies