VMware Cloud Community
saturno_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

Monitoring probs when Language diff than English?

Hi once again

I'm not able to monitor Active Directory installed in one DC with Portuguese W2k3 SP1.
The curious thing is that this DC I'm referring to, also have Exchange 2003 installed with I'm able to monitor without problems.

In another server of the same Forest witch have W2K3 R2 32 Bit (English), I have no problem regarding Active Directory monitoring.

I think I've already read in the forum something that suggested to me that this could be related with the Language of the Performance objects.
If this is the case what can I do to correct this?

Thanks for any help.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
saturno_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

Thank's for viewing.

this thread seems to have the answer:

http://communities.vmware.com/message/1913407#1913407
0 Kudos
dougm_hyperic
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Luis,

This is the case currently that the counter names are using the
English language. It would be possible to manually (or using a
script) translate the etc/hq-plugin.xml for the various plugins, re-
pack the .jar and deploy to the server. Another option would be
write a custom plugin to collect the counters you need:

http://support.hyperic.com/confluence/display/DOCSHQ27/Windows+Plugin

I've also created this ticket so we can add proper support for
multiple languages:
http://jira.hyperic.com/browse/SIGAR-29

On Jan 10, 2007, at 3:05 AM, Luís wrote:

> Hi once again
>
> I'm not able to monitor Active Directory installed in one DC with
> Portuguese W2k3 SP1.
> The curious thing is that this DC I'm referring to, also have
> Exchange 2003 installed with I'm able to monitor without problems.
>
> In another server of the same Forest witch have W2K3 R2 32 Bit
> (English), I have no problem regarding Active Directory monitoring.
>
> I think I've already read in the forum something that suggested to
> me that this could be related with the Language of the Performance
> objects.
> If this is the case what can I do to correct this?
>
>
> Thanks for any help.
>

0 Kudos
der_biba
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Guys,

i think it realy sucks, that it doesn't support different Languages than English!!!
But furthermore, it is more annoying, that there is no hint in the installation guide.

So i installed a new Server, than Hyperic and added Agents, just to recognize, that it doessn't support my german OS.
I wasted a day for installation and searching the problem. Now i have to remove it all again.

Please add a hint in the installation guide or, more preffered, add support for different languages.

Regads, Biba
0 Kudos
dougm_hyperic
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

We have added support for conversion of english language counter names.  It is too late in the cycle for this to be included in the upcoming 3.0.2 release, but I have attached the updated files to this ticket:
http://jira.hyperic.com/browse/HHQ-737

The fix has been tested on a German install of Windows 2003 server with IIS, .NET and SQL Server installed.  I also tested with a simplified chinese install, but the base counter names were already in english, did not install any additional products there.

Note that HQ will still display the english counter names.  The names are converted within the agent so the plugin is able to collect the data.  Apologies for not having documented this, we'll fix that.  Keep a watch on the ticket above and expect the fix to be included in the 3.0.3 release.  In the meantime, anyone interested should try the patch and please provide some feedback if it works or you continue to have problems.

On Feb 15, 2007, at 2:13 AM, Biba wrote:

Hey Guys,

i think it realy sucks, that it doesn't support different Languages than English!!!
But furthermore, it is more annoying, that there is no hint in the installation guide.

So i installed a new Server, than Hyperic and added Agents, just to recognize, that it doessn't support my german OS.
I wasted a day for installation and searching the problem. Now i have to remove it all again.

Please add a hint in the installation guide or, more preffered, add support for different languages.

Regads, Biba

0 Kudos
Nico_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

Hello !!

I've tested the patch with my french SQL Server 2005 installation.

But I have some mistakes with the metrics of the performance categorie. These metrics doesn't appear and I cannot select them even if the box is checked.

Have you seen this problem ?

Thanks

Regards
0 Kudos
staceyeschneide
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

3.0.3 was just released today and the fixes dougm referred to in the earlier post are in there. You may want to try the new version to see if it clears up your problem.
0 Kudos
saturno_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

After trying the 3.0.3 version in one of my Systems, everything (laguage related) seems to be fine now.

This particular system runs a W2K3 Server (Portuguese) with Exchange 2003 SP2 (English).

Thanks for this improvement!
0 Kudos