VMware Cloud Community
teknokrat
Contributor
Contributor

Monitoring hyperic server

I have added an agent tot he server hyperic is on but it is not recognised and all I get in the log is

2008-02-01 11:29:49,122 WARN [HttpMethodBase] No credentials available for the 'null' authentication realm at localhost

any ideas why this is the case. We're using hyperic 3.2

cheers
0 Kudos
11 Replies
laullon
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Can you send more info? (HQ version, SO version, etc...)
0 Kudos
teknokrat
Contributor
Contributor

Hyperic 3.2 both server and agent running on java 6. The OS is windows 2003 Server.
0 Kudos
laullon
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

you can do that:

In the agent directory, find a directory called "data" and delete it.
Then, reconfigure the agent using "hq-agente.bat start".
0 Kudos
VoodooZ
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem...
My hosts are linux based though.

I've been running the same setup with 3.1.1 with no problem for months and now that I upgraded this happens.

Is it because of the agent setup parameters? I used both localhost and the actual IP with not difference..

I will try the data folder trick...

Thanks,
0 Kudos
HugoMag
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all,

I'm having the same problem. I deleted the data folder, when to a commnad line and executed the command "hq-agent start" and finally launched again the agent but the problem remains.

Can anyone help me?
Thanks.
Best regards,
Hugo
0 Kudos
excowboy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi Hugo,

did you setup your agent again after you deleted the data-folder or did you specify all configuration properties in your agent.properties file ?

Does the error occur only for the local agent on the Hyperic HQ Server host or for all Agents ?

Mirko
0 Kudos
HugoMag
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Mirko,

I setup the agent again after deleting the data folder.
I didn't change the agent.properties file.

It's happening in all agents.

Best regards,
Hugo
0 Kudos
excowboy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hugo,

do you have a way to rollback, run the upgrade from 3.1.1 to 3.1.4 (latest 3.1 Release) and then up to 3.2.5 ?

Mirko

Message was edited by: excowboy
0 Kudos
HugoMag
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Mirko,

The version that I have installed is 3.2.4. Should I upgrade directly to 3.2.5?

Best regards,
Hugo
0 Kudos
excowboy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi Hugo,

if I understand you correctly, you upgrade your HQ 3.1.1 installation to HQ 3.2.4, right ?
Please upgrade first to the 3.1.4 version and then to 3.2.
Regarding your problem, I think it's not so important if you use 3.2.4 or 3.2.5 but I always recommend you to use the latest stable version.

Mirko
0 Kudos
HugoMag
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Mirko,

Sorry, I don't think I was very clear explaining the problem I have.

I didn't upgrade from 3.1.1. I did a clean installation of HQ 3.2.4 (its the first time I use HQ).

Besides showing this next line:
WARN [HttpMethodBase] No credentials available for the 'null' authentication realm at localhost

It also keeps showing the following ones:

2008-10-13 11:10:06,036 WARN [HttpMethodBase] Recoverable exception caught but MethodRetryHandler.retryMethod() returned false, rethrowing exception
2008-10-13 11:19:51,588 WARN [HttpMethodBase] No credentials available for the 'null' authentication realm at localhost
2008-10-13 11:19:51,619 WARN [HttpMethodBase] No credentials available for the 'null' authentication realm at localhost
2008-10-13 11:19:51,619 WARN [HttpMethodBase] No credentials available for the 'null' authentication realm at localhost

Best regards,
Hugo
0 Kudos