VMware Cloud Community
bryceh78
Contributor
Contributor

Monitor Zimbra email queue size

Has anyone managed to get Hyperic-HQ to monitor or display Zimbra 5.0.13 email queue information and message counts? Perhaps to monitor one of the Zimbra email queues and go to alert status if message volume gets above a set thresh-hold?

I have Hyperic-HQ setup and monitoring the availability of Zimbra 5.0.13 server resources as well as if the sub-systems of Zimbra are running. The Hyperic-HQ agent is also running as Root level and I have verified that the Zimbra plugin for Hyperic seems to be installed and working properly. I’m also running the latest versions of Hyperic-HQ server and agent open-source.

If Hyperic-HQ could monitor the number of messages in the queue we could get early warning if email clogs or piles up in a queue without bringing down the server or causing a server sub-system to fail. It is possible for a message clog to occur even if all Zimbra sub-systems are running properly and not in alert status.

We are examining methods of leveraging the Zimbra “zmstat-chart” and “zmstat” commands as well as methods of monitoring the mysql database and ways of monitoring file counts in the postfix spooler directories /opt/zimbra/data/postfix/spool

Any advice or assistance would be great.
0 Kudos
0 Replies