VMware Cloud Community
chimas
Contributor
Contributor

Metric are not coming on new platform

Hi,

I am not getting  any metric for new platform. When I check on Agent Synchronizer Diagonstics, it shows Agent UnSchedule Job - 1.

When i stop and start of  the hq server and Mysql, i am start getting the metrics for the server and Agent UnSchedule Job shows 0.

Same thing is happening for any new platform is addedd.

OS and Application details:

HQ Version: 4.6

Mysql Version : 5.0.77

Is this the bug or is there a way to fix this issue.

Regards

Chima

0 Kudos
6 Replies
staceyeschneide
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Did you import the platform into inventory? Hyperic will discover your platform, but will not start tracking info until its been formally accepted into inventory. http://support.hyperic.com/display/EVO/Discover+and+Import+Resources+to+Inventory

0 Kudos
chimas
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Yes. Its already imported to inventory.

If i do tcpdump, i did not see any traffic between server and agent, but agent is reachable from server and server is reachable from agent. We have enabled the debug for schedule and found scheduling details not send to agent from the server.

0 Kudos
excowboy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

have you tried a simple telnet test ?

telnet <serverip> <serverport> from the agent host

telnet <agentip> <agentpor> from the HQ server

Cheers,

Mirko

0 Kudos
chimas
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

As i mentioned in pervious update, I am able to do the agent IP/Port from the Server and from agent i am able to do telnet on server IP/Port.

Regards

Chima

0 Kudos
chimas
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I tried upgrading the 4.6 to 4.6.6 and I am facing same issue.

Is there any chance the data got corrupted in the DB as this issue can not be there in all the version.

First we started this issue with 4.5.2, then we upgraded to 4.5.3 and then to 4.6 and to 4.6.6.

We used hyperic update script to update the version and data in the DB remains the same.

Is there anyway to cross check the same in the DB or in hyperic server applocation.

Regards

Chima

0 Kudos
excowboy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi, maybe you can do a fresh install of an Hyperic server on the server and repoint one of your Agents to exlude any connectivity issues.

Cheers,

Mirko

0 Kudos