VMware Cloud Community
Mauritz84
Contributor
Contributor

Map vCenter Virtual Machine IDs to vCenter Hyperic Platforms

Hi,

I've just implemented vCenter Hyperic 5.8 vApp in our environment. As a step in the configuration to successfully integrate vcops with Hyperic you are asked to map vCenter virtual machine IDs: vCenter Hyperic 5.8 Documentation Center.

This seems really straight forward. But I can't see verify that vCenter UUID and MOID values appear in the summary information at the top of the page under the Resource tab in vCenter Hyperic UI as described in above link.

This should be available just after you configure the HQ Server Settings (vCenter Server settings) which I believe I've done correctly:

vCenter_Server_Settings.jpg

There shouldn't be a problem with the licence:

license.jpg

Looking in the server.log on the vCenter Hyperic Server machine I find this info, google doesn't help here:

server_log.jpg

This is also from the server.log file:

server_log2.jpg

I've really tried to follow the guides but this prevents me to integrate with vcops. and then create agents on VMs followed by installing the vcops adapter to pull this information into vcops.

I can ping the vCenter server from the hyperic server, does any ports need to be open on the vCenter server when using the API?

I'm preparing to do this at a customer site so some VMware employees eyes on this would be great.

Thanks,

Erik Alm

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Mauritz84
Contributor
Contributor

This is found in the known issues list from the release notes of vCenter Hyperic 5.8

Known Issues in vCenter Hyperic 5.8

The following known issues affect the vCenter Hyperic 5.8 release.

• In Administration > Edit HQ Server Settings, if you incorrectly configure credentials under the vCenter Settings, you are not alerted that you have provided invalid credentials but vCenter mapping does not function.

The vCenter URL should be:                https://<IP address of vCenter Server>/sdk

The vCenter User should be: <username> or <Domain\username>

/Erik

0 Kudos
Mauritz84
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone?

I would have created a supportcase for this but we have limited amount of them.

Have anyone else seen this problem, the 5.8 release is fairly new so it's understandable if no one has seen it.

I've also noticed that I cannot change the vcenter settings in the HQ Settings in the Hyperic administration. It says it should be saved after a restart of the server. I've restared, rebooted and powered of the vApp, still the same values as before appear. I can change the values within the fields but if I try to delete them they appear again.

This prevents me from continuing with the integration so help is really appreciated!

/Erik

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Can you enable DEBUG messages for VCManagerImpl class :

Edit the server-log4j.xml file under the conf folder of the server.
Add this -

<logger name="org.hyperic.hq.vm.VCManagerImpl">
        <level value="DEBUG" />
</logger>
restart the server

do your changes

attach server log file

thanks,

Yaron

0 Kudos
Mauritz84
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Yaron,

I want to begin with thanking you for helping out, I'm completely stuck with this problem.

I'm not sure I've missed some essential steps in the configuration. Like if the 7443 port needs to be open on the vcenter server (The documentation doesn't indicate this, the log entries doesn't provide clues that this is the reason).

Like I've said I don't think it's a licenseing issue.

What else can it be?

I did what you asked me. Not sure if the log file got more descriptive?

Right now the vCenter settings look like this, tell me if this is incorrect:

vCenter_Server_Settings2.jpg

I've attached the logfile. Got no idea how to upload files directly to a discussion, But here is a link to the file which I published on my profile: server.log.copy

Thank you very much for your help!

Regards,

Erik Alm

0 Kudos
Mauritz84
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot either successfully install Hyperic agents. I don't now of this is related to that the mapping against vcenter is not configured/works

1. I've used the windows agent with embedded jre

2. created the "HQ_JAVA_HOME" environment variable and pointed it to the only jre I find in the agenthome dir: C:\hyperic\hyperic-hqee-agent-5.8.0\bundles\agent-x86-64-win-5.8.0\jre\

3. I've created rules in the firewall to enable the agent to listen to incoming trafic: 2144 & 2443 and outgoing trafic: 7080 & 7443

4. edited the agent.properties file:

agent.setup.camIP=192.168.20.90

agent.setup.camPort=7080

agent.setup.camSSLPort=7443

agent.setup.camSecure=yes

agent.setup.camLogin=hqadmin

agent.setup.camPword=<MyPassword>

#agent.setup.agentIP=*default*

#agent.setup.agentPort=*default*

#agent.setup.resetupTokens=no

#agent.setup.acceptUnverifiedCertificate=no

I have followed the instructions for the SSL connection between the agent and the server, this has been my procedure

1. installed the agent,

c:\hyperic\hyperic-hqee-agent-5.8.0\bin>hq-agent.bat start

wrapper  | Starting the Hyperic HQ Agent service...

wrapper  | Hyperic HQ Agent started.

[ Running agent setup ]

Should Agent communications to HQ be unidirectional [default=no]:

What is the HQ server IP address: 192.168.20.90

Should Agent communications to HQ always be secure [default=yes]: yes

What is the HQ server SSL port [default=7443]: 7443

- Testing secure connection ... Success

What is your HQ login [default=hqadmin]: hqadmin

What is your HQ password: **Not echoing value**

What IP should HQ use to contact the agent [default=192.168.20.17]:

What port should HQ use to contact the agent [default=2144]:

- Received temporary auth token from agent

- Registering agent with HQ

The server to agent communication channel is using a self-signed certificate and could not be verified

Are you sure you want to continue connecting? [default=no]: I ACCEPT THE DEFAULT IN ORDER TO CONFIGURE THE PASSWORD IN THE AGENT.PROPERTIES TO BE EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE SERVERS KEYSTORE PASSWORD

Then I run hq-agent.bat setup and get this:

Error: java.security.KeyStoreException: Password for the keystore is invalid: java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: Cannot recover key

java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.security.KeyStoreException: Password for the keystore is invalid: java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: Cannot recover key

at org.hyperic.util.security.DefaultSSLProviderImpl.<init>(DefaultSSLProviderImpl.java:115)

at org.hyperic.hq.bizapp.agent.client.SecureAgentConnection.getSocket(SecureAgentConnection.java:110)

at org.hyperic.hq.agent.client.AgentConnection.sendCommandHeadersWithRetries(AgentConnection.java:195)

at org.hyperic.hq.agent.client.AgentConnection.sendCommandHeaders(AgentConnection.java:175)

at org.hyperic.hq.agent.client.AgentConnection.sendCommand(AgentConnection.java:138)

at org.hyperic.hq.agent.client.LegacyAgentCommandsClientImpl.ping(LegacyAgentCommandsClientImpl.java:80)

at org.hyperic.hq.bizapp.agent.client.AgentClient.cmdPing(AgentClient.java:139)

at org.hyperic.hq.bizapp.agent.client.AgentClient.cmdSetup(AgentClient.java:569)

at org.hyperic.hq.bizapp.agent.client.AgentClient.main(AgentClient.java:1411)

Caused by: java.security.KeyStoreException: Password for the keystore is invalid: java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: Cannot recover key

at org.hyperic.util.security.DefaultSSLProviderImpl.getKeyManagerFactory(DefaultSSLProviderImpl.java:70)

at org.hyperic.util.security.DefaultSSLProviderImpl.<init>(DefaultSSLProviderImpl.java:100)

... 8 more

Caused by: java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: Cannot recover key

at sun.security.provider.KeyProtector.recover(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.provider.JavaKeyStore.engineGetKey(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.provider.JavaKeyStore$JKS.engineGetKey(Unknown Source)

at java.security.KeyStore.getKey(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.ssl.SunX509KeyManagerImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.ssl.KeyManagerFactoryImpl$SunX509.engineInit(Unknown Source)

at javax.net.ssl.KeyManagerFactory.init(Unknown Source)

at org.hyperic.util.security.DefaultSSLProviderImpl.getKeyManagerFactory(DefaultSSLProviderImpl.java:62)

... 9 more

The auto-discovery doesn't work and the agent.log file gives me this:

This seems to be a JRE problem but what else should I do when using the agent with the embedded JRE.

10-02-2014 14:55:25,872 CET INFO  [AgentDaemonMain] [AgentDaemon@937] Agent started successfully

10-02-2014 14:55:25,878 CET INFO  [AgentDaemonMain] [AbstractStatsWriter@78] StatsCollector has started

10-02-2014 14:55:25,878 CET INFO  [AgentDaemonMain] [ControlCommandsServer@179] No persisted Control responses were found

10-02-2014 14:55:25,886 CET INFO  [AgentDiagnostics] [AgentDiagnostics@52] starting agent diagnostics thread

10-02-2014 14:55:26,167 CET ERROR [autoinventory-scanner] [TomcatServerDetector@78] No Catalina Base found for service HPRSMAIN. Skipping..

10-02-2014 14:55:26,167 CET ERROR [autoinventory-scanner] [TomcatServerDetector@78] No Catalina Base found for service HPRSRECEIVERS. Skipping..

10-02-2014 14:55:26,402 CET ERROR [autoinventory-scanner] [TomcatServerDetector@78] No Catalina Base found for service HPRSMAIN. Skipping..

10-02-2014 14:55:26,403 CET ERROR [autoinventory-scanner] [TomcatServerDetector@78] No Catalina Base found for service HPRSRECEIVERS. Skipping..

10-02-2014 14:55:26,601 CET ERROR [autoinventory-scanner] [TomcatServerDetector@78] No Catalina Base found for service HPRSMAIN. Skipping..

10-02-2014 14:55:26,602 CET ERROR [autoinventory-scanner] [TomcatServerDetector@78] No Catalina Base found for service HPRSRECEIVERS. Skipping..

10-02-2014 14:55:30,736 CET WARN  [PluginStatusSender] [AgentDaemon@776] could not send plugin status to server, will retry:  java.lang.NullPointerException

10-02-2014 14:55:31,768 CET WARN  [autoinventory-scanner] [ClusterDetect@136] Failed to run command: C:/Windows/System32/cluster.exe /prop

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:/Windows/System32/cluster.exe": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Unknown Source)

at org.hyperic.util.exec.Execute.execute(Execute.java:316)

at org.hyperic.hq.plugin.mssql.ClusterDetect.runCommand(ClusterDetect.java:134)

at org.hyperic.hq.plugin.mssql.ClusterDetect.getClusterName(ClusterDetect.java:117)

at org.hyperic.hq.plugin.mssql.ClusterDetect.getMssqlClusterProps(ClusterDetect.java:26)

at org.hyperic.hq.plugin.mssql.MsSQLDetector.createServerResource(MsSQLDetector.java:137)

at org.hyperic.hq.plugin.mssql.MsSQLDetector.getServerResources(MsSQLDetector.java:109)

at org.hyperic.hq.autoinventory.scanimpl.NullScan.scan(NullScan.java:80)

at org.hyperic.hq.autoinventory.Scanner.start(Scanner.java:205)

at org.hyperic.hq.autoinventory.ScanManager.mainRunLoop(ScanManager.java:149)

at org.hyperic.hq.autoinventory.ScanManager.access$000(ScanManager.java:43)

at org.hyperic.hq.autoinventory.ScanManager$1.run(ScanManager.java:111)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)

at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(Unknown Source)

... 13 more

10-02-2014 14:55:35,738 CET WARN  [PluginStatusSender] [AgentDaemon@776] could not send plugin status to server, will retry:  java.lang.NullPointerException

10-02-2014 14:55:38,688 CET INFO  [autoinventory-scanner] [AutoinventoryCommandsServer@367] no resource is auto approved

10-02-2014 14:55:38,689 CET ERROR [autoinventory-scanner] [AutoinventoryCommandsServer@280] Unable to send autoinventory platform data to server, sleeping for 15 secs before retrying.  Error: Unable to communicate with server -- provider not yet setup

10-02-2014 14:55:40,738 CET WARN  [PluginStatusSender] [AgentDaemon@776] could not send plugin status to server, will retry:  java.lang.NullPointerException

10-02-2014 14:55:45,738 CET WARN  [PluginStatusSender] [AgentDaemon@776] could not send plugin status to server, will retry:  java.lang.NullPointerException

10-02-2014 14:55:50,738 CET WARN  [PluginStatusSender] [AgentDaemon@776] could not send plugin status to server, will retry:  java.lang.NullPointerException

10-02-2014 14:55:50,988 CET INFO  [main] [AgentClient@417] test connection with accept unverified certificates flag set to true

10-02-2014 14:55:51,381 CET INFO  [main] [X509TrustManager@227] Import the certification. (Received certificate is not trusted by keystore)

10-02-2014 14:55:53,689 CET ERROR [autoinventory-scanner] [AutoinventoryCommandsServer@280] Unable to send autoinventory platform data to server, sleeping for 22 secs before retrying.  Error: Unable to communicate with server -- provider not yet setup

10-02-2014 14:55:55,738 CET WARN  [PluginStatusSender] [AgentDaemon@776] could not send plugin status to server, will retry:  java.lang.NullPointerException

10-02-2014 14:56:00,738 CET WARN  [PluginStatusSender] [AgentDaemon@776] could not send plugin status to server, will retry:  java.lang.NullPointerException

10-02-2014 14:56:05,738 CET WARN  [PluginStatusSender] [AgentDaemon@776] could not send plugin status to server, will retry:  java.lang.NullPointerException

10-02-2014 14:56:06,377 CET ERROR [AgentDaemonMain] [CommandListener@170] Failed handling new connection: org.hyperic.hq.agent.AgentConnectionException: Error negotiating auth: Received fatal alert: certificate_unknown

org.hyperic.hq.agent.AgentConnectionException: Error negotiating auth: Received fatal alert: certificate_unknown

at org.hyperic.hq.bizapp.agent.server.SSLConnectionListener.handleNewConn(SSLConnectionListener.java:109)

at org.hyperic.hq.bizapp.agent.server.SSLConnectionListener.getNewConnection(SSLConnectionListener.java:183)

at org.hyperic.hq.agent.server.CommandListener.listenLoop(CommandListener.java:153)

at org.hyperic.hq.agent.server.AgentDaemon.start(AgentDaemon.java:947)

at org.hyperic.hq.agent.server.AgentDaemon$RunnableAgent.run(AgentDaemon.java:1043)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: certificate_unknown

at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.recvAlert(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readDataRecord(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.ssl.AppInputStream.read(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.ssl.AppInputStream.read(Unknown Source)

at java.io.DataInputStream.readUnsignedShort(Unknown Source)

at java.io.DataInputStream.readUTF(Unknown Source)

at java.io.DataInputStream.readUTF(Unknown Source)

at org.hyperic.hq.bizapp.agent.server.SSLConnectionListener.handleNewConn(SSLConnectionListener.java:104)

... 5 more

10-02-2014 14:56:10,739 CET WARN  [PluginStatusSender] [AgentDaemon@776] could not send plugin status to server, will retry:  java.lang.NullPointerException

10-02-2014 14:56:15,739 CET WARN  [PluginStatusSender] [AgentDaemon@776] could not send plugin status to server, will retry:  java.lang.NullPointerException

10-02-2014 14:56:16,189 CET ERROR [autoinventory-scanner] [AutoinventoryCommandsServer@280] Unable to send autoinventory platform data to server, sleeping for 33 secs before retrying.  Error: Unable to communicate with server -- provider not yet setup

10-02-2014 14:56:20,738 CET WARN  [PluginStatusSender] [AgentDaemon@776] could not send plugin status to server, will retry:  java.lang.NullPointerException

10-02-2014 14:56:23,232 CET INFO  [AgentDaemonMain] [SSLConnectionListener@146] Locking auth token

10-02-2014 14:56:23,600 CET INFO  [commandlistener-generic-0] [CommandsServer@174] Setting the HQ server to: https://192.168.20.90:7443/lather

10-02-2014 14:56:23,638 CET INFO  [commandlistener-generic-0] [AgentTransportLifecycleImpl@239] Stopping agent transport.

10-02-2014 14:56:23,644 CET INFO  [Thread-8] [ConfigPopulateThread@76] Starting config populate thread

10-02-2014 14:56:24,004 CET ERROR [autoinventory-scanner] [AutoinventoryCommandsServer@280] Unable to send autoinventory platform data to server, sleeping for 33 secs before retrying.  Error: Remote error while invoking 'aiSendReport: org.hyperic.lather.LatherRemoteException: org.springframework.jdbc.UncategorizedSQLException: Hibernate flushing: Could not execute JDBC batch update; uncategorized SQLException for SQL [insert into EAM_AIQ_SERVER (VERSION_COL, AIQ_PLATFORM_ID, AUTOINVENTORYIDENTIFIER, NAME, DESCRIPTION, ACTIVE, SERVERTYPENAME, INSTALLPATH, SERVICESAUTOMANAGED, CUSTOM_PROPERTIES, PRODUCT_CONFIG, CONTROL_CONFIG, RESPONSETIME_CONFIG, MEASUREMENT_CONFIG, QUEUESTATUS, DIFF, IGNORED, CTIME, MTIME, AUTO_APPROVE, ID) values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)]; SQL state []; error code [0]; Batch entry 4 insert into EAM_AIQ_SERVER (VERSION_COL, AIQ_PLATFORM_ID, AUTOINVENTORYIDENTIFIER, NAME, DESCRIPTION, ACTIVE, SERVERTYPENAME, INSTALLPATH, SERVICESAUTOMANAGED, CUSTOM_PROPERTIES, PRODUCT_CONFIG, CONTROL_CONFIG, RESPONSETIME_CONFIG, MEASUREMENT_CONFIG, QUEUESTATUS, DIFF, IGNORED, CTIME, MTIME, AUTO_APPROVE, ID) values (0, 10178,  E'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\HP\\RS\\postgresql_9_win32\\bin\\postgres.exe$C:\\ProgramData\\HP\\RS\\DATA\\DATABASE',  E'ice PostgreSQL 9.x localhost:7950

log_line_prefix  %m|%p|%d|

logging_collector  on

log_directory  logs

log_filename  postgresql-%Y-%m-%d_%H%M%S.log

client_min_messages  log

log_min_messages  info

log_error_verbosity  verbose

log_min_error_statement  info

max_connections  200', NULL, NULL,  E'PostgreSQL 9.x',  E'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\HP\\RS\\postgresql_9_win32\\bin\\postgres.exe',  E'0', <stream of 45 bytes>, <stream of 472 bytes>, <stream of 5 bytes>, NULL, <stream of 5 bytes>, 1, 0,  E'0', 1392040584237, 1392040584237,  E'0', 11775) was aborted.  Call getNextException to see the cause.; nested exception is java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Batch entry 4 insert into EAM_AIQ_SERVER (VERSION_COL, AIQ_PLATFORM_ID, AUTOINVENTORYIDENTIFIER, NAME, DESCRIPTION, ACTIVE, SERVERTYPENAME, INSTALLPATH, SERVICESAUTOMANAGED, CUSTOM_PROPERTIES, PRODUCT_CONFIG, CONTROL_CONFIG, RESPONSETIME_CONFIG, MEASUREMENT_CONFIG, QUEUESTATUS, DIFF, IGNORED, CTIME, MTIME, AUTO_APPROVE, ID) values (0, 10178,  E'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\HP\\RS\\postgresql_9_win32\\bin\\postgres.exe$C:\\ProgramData\\HP\\RS\\DATA\\DATABASE',  E'ice PostgreSQL 9.x localhost:7950

log_line_prefix  %m|%p|%d|

logging_collector  on

log_directory  logs

log_filename  postgresql-%Y-%m-%d_%H%M%S.log

client_min_messages  log

log_min_messages  info

log_error_verbosity  verbose

log_min_error_statement  info

max_connections  200', NULL, NULL,  E'PostgreSQL 9.x',  E'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\HP\\RS\\postgresql_9_win32\\bin\\postgres.exe',  E'0', <stream of 45 bytes>, <stream of 472 bytes>, <stream of 5 bytes>, NULL, <stream of 5 bytes>, 1, 0,  E'0', 1392040584237, 1392040584237,  E'0', 11775) was aborted.  Call getNextException to see the cause.

Regards,

Erik Alm

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

The server certificate is indeed self-signed so you will need to change your answer to "yes" if you want to connect to the server.

This can also be set in agent.properties file.

0 Kudos
Mauritz84
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Egon,

Yes that seems to be the correct approach. I tried that previoulsy without success. I get stuck at the password for the self-signed certificate. I use this procudure

1. Install the agent

2. start the agent:

c:\hyperic\hyperic-hqee-agent-5.8.0\bin>hq-agent.bat start

wrapper  | Starting the Hyperic HQ Agent service...

wrapper  | Hyperic HQ Agent started.

[ Running agent setup ]

Should Agent communications to HQ be unidirectional [default=no]:

What is the HQ server IP address: 192.168.20.90

Should Agent communications to HQ always be secure [default=yes]:

What is the HQ server SSL port [default=7443]:

- Testing secure connection ... Success

What is your HQ login [default=hqadmin]:

What is your HQ password:

What IP should HQ use to contact the agent [default=192.168.20.17]:

What port should HQ use to contact the agent [default=2144]:

- Received temporary auth token from agent

- Registering agent with HQ

The server to agent communication channel is using a self-signed certificate and could not be verified

Are you sure you want to continue connecting? [default=no]: yes

- HQ gave us the following agent token

1392107531046-4664483427986890337-5885014314891095412

- Informing agent of new HQ server

- Validating

- Successfully setup agent

Now the self-signed certificate keystore is imported to the agents \data directory:

token.jpg

3. I then run hq-agent.bat setup to initialize the agent to use SSL communication with the server. I then uncomment these properties in the agent.properties file:

SSL_settings.jpg

The keystore password on the server is and has been hyperic. Though the guide says that this password should get changed everytime a new agent is created.

How am I supposed to do that? This is my first agent, do I need to change it right off. Do you see anything else that's incorrect in my procedure?

This is what I get when the agent doesn't like my password:

c:\hyperic\hyperic-hqee-agent-5.8.0\bin>hq-agent.bat setup

Error: java.security.KeyStoreException: Password for the keystore is invalid: java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: Cannot recover key

java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.security.KeyStoreException: Password for the keystore is invalid: java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: Cannot recover key

at org.hyperic.util.security.DefaultSSLProviderImpl.<init>(DefaultSSLProviderImpl.java:115)

at org.hyperic.hq.bizapp.agent.client.SecureAgentConnection.getSocket(SecureAgentConnection.java:110)

at org.hyperic.hq.agent.client.AgentConnection.sendCommandHeadersWithRetries(AgentConnection.java:195)

at org.hyperic.hq.agent.client.AgentConnection.sendCommandHeaders(AgentConnection.java:175)

at org.hyperic.hq.agent.client.AgentConnection.sendCommand(AgentConnection.java:138)

at org.hyperic.hq.agent.client.LegacyAgentCommandsClientImpl.ping(LegacyAgentCommandsClientImpl.java:80)

at org.hyperic.hq.bizapp.agent.client.AgentClient.cmdPing(AgentClient.java:139)

at org.hyperic.hq.bizapp.agent.client.AgentClient.cmdSetup(AgentClient.java:569)

at org.hyperic.hq.bizapp.agent.client.AgentClient.main(AgentClient.java:1411)

Caused by: java.security.KeyStoreException: Password for the keystore is invalid: java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: Cannot recover key

at org.hyperic.util.security.DefaultSSLProviderImpl.getKeyManagerFactory(DefaultSSLProviderImpl.java:70)

at org.hyperic.util.security.DefaultSSLProviderImpl.<init>(DefaultSSLProviderImpl.java:100)

... 8 more

Caused by: java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: Cannot recover key

at sun.security.provider.KeyProtector.recover(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.provider.JavaKeyStore.engineGetKey(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.provider.JavaKeyStore$JKS.engineGetKey(Unknown Source)

at java.security.KeyStore.getKey(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.ssl.SunX509KeyManagerImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.ssl.KeyManagerFactoryImpl$SunX509.engineInit(Unknown Source)

at javax.net.ssl.KeyManagerFactory.init(Unknown Source)

at org.hyperic.util.security.DefaultSSLProviderImpl.getKeyManagerFactory(DefaultSSLProviderImpl.java:62)

If anyone could provide some tips I would be greatful!

Thanks,

Erik Alm

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

There is no need to run "hq-agent.bat setup" because you already have the necessary information in the agent.properties file.

SSL communication is already in place because of the settings in agent.properties

Should Agent communications to HQ always be secure [default=yes]:

What is the HQ server SSL port [default=7443]:

Also, the self-signed cert has already been imported from the server so there is be no need to run step 3

cramond
Contributor
Contributor

During install of the agent set unidirectional to yes.  took care of that error for me.

0 Kudos