VMware Cloud Community
DeviAnantharama
Contributor
Contributor

Login manipulation of Hyperic

Hi,

I would like to do the functionality explained below in Hyperic.

I want an user to be automatically logged into Hyperic, if he's logged into Windows or If Hyperic is part of a large website, the user should be logged in to Hyperic if he's logged into the website. Which is the module in the source code that I should look into for this? Can you provide me the exact class name and the folder name in the source files where I should make these changes? In short, I would like to implement the single sign on facility.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi Devi,

We are planning on expanding the authentication options in HQ later down the road.

HQ uses JAAS for it's authentication, we currently provide a JDBCLoginModule that authenticates against our built-in database, and an LDAPLoginModule in our enterprise subscription. The JDBCLoginModule is used by default. These classes and their support classes can be found in the org.hyperic.hq.auth package.

One idea we have is to create a simple login module that would grab the credentials from the user session, then authenticate against a server using HTTP basic auth. I'm sure there are other ways we could expand this to cover other use cases as well. We are also looking into adding support for Radius.

Feel free to post any development questions you have to the hq-dev forum and we'll answer them there.

Thanks Devi,
-Ryan
0 Kudos
DeviAnantharama
Contributor
Contributor

Ryan,

Can you provide me with the API for adding users and deleting users from Hyperic? I want the exact class name and the method name.

During the installation of Hyperic, it asks for the LDAP server url, if authentication is LDAP based. This information that we provide in the command prompt, is it going to some property file? If yes, which property file is this?

Thanks,
Devi
0 Kudos