VMware Cloud Community
eborcyk
Contributor
Contributor

JMX Plugin not showing up in HQ Portal

Hello-

I have created a JMX plugin starting with the sample XML file and have successfully executed all of the steps from syntax checking, to making sure that the plugin collects the metrics, to deploying the plugin on both the agent and the server. I am currently using just the XML file for deployment. However, when I bring up the HQ Portal I do not see my plugin.

My enterprise application is deployed on WebLogic 9.2. The auto discovery shows the Weblogic server and all of it services along with my three Enterprise applications. I added an application MBean as a metric in the JMX plugin XML file.

I created a Service entry in my foo-plugin.xml file that should expose one of the MBeans from my application. I changed the sample JMX xml file to create a service entry ( XML below).

Should I see two server entries in the HQ portal? One for the WebLogic server and one for the Java 1.5.x server or should I see my service AdvanceIntegration under the WebLogic server?

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

-Eric

------------------------------------------------

<server name="Java" version="1.5.x">
<property name="OBJECT_NAME" value="com.cc.Parts:type=AdvancedIntegration,subtype=servers,name=SoapGateway"/>

<metrics include="Click Metrics"/>
<service name="AdvancedIntegration">
<plugin type="autoinventory"/>
<property name="OBJECT_NAME" value="com.cc.Parts:type=AdvancedIntegration,subtype=servers,name=SoapGateway"/>
<metrics include="Click Metrics"/>
</service>
</server>
0 Kudos
0 Replies