VMware Cloud Community
hypermike
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way with the NON-enterprise version of hyperic to disable alert

Is there a way with the NON-enterprise version of hyperic to disable alerts say when backups are done.?? Im trying to monitor Oracle but the OracleDB is shutdown when backups are done. I have 2hr period when ORACLE is down each day.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Check out the nolert plugin at hquplugins.org. Just have an external
cron job turn it off.

-- Jon

On Jul 18, 2008, at 12:13 PM, mike monczynski wrote:

> Is there a way with the NON-enterprise version of hyperic to
> disable alerts say when backups are done.?? Im trying to monitor
> Oracle but the OracleDB is shutdown when backups are done. I have
> 2hr period when ORACLE is down each day.

0 Kudos
dhustace
Contributor
Contributor

Use the OpenNMS integration and create a scheduled outage for notifications 😉
hypermike
Contributor
Contributor

In what version of hyperic is thai available . I m running 3.2.1. I s there documentation some where ??
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

You should run the HQU plugins against the latest available HQ
(3.2.4). Since the framework is quite new, we've done improvements
and bug fixes between the maintenance releases.

Charles

hypermike
Contributor
Contributor

when you say :

ou should run the HQU plugins against the latest available HQ
(3.2.4).

Are you saying I nned to upgrade the server to 3.2.4 // What do you mean run HQU plugins.
Any explanation here would be really helpful.
0 Kudos
staceyeschneide
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Mike, the documentation on HQU is found here: http://support.hyperic.com/display/hypcomm/HQU+Documentation.

Also, it may be worth noting for you that the whole docs and HyperFORGE are hosted on the same site - so if you search on any term, your search results will cross both. It will help you get your own answers faster, and help us to focus on undocumented/new issues rather than simply doing the search for you.
0 Kudos
hypermike
Contributor
Contributor

I didnt ask for you to do any searching , I asked a simple yes or no about if I had to install 3.2.4. I wonder if I were a paying customer ,that your answer would have been different . I hope so . Since aftyer using open source HYperic we were thinking of purchasing the Enterprise version do do more global work easier.

Message was edited by: hypermike
0 Kudos
staceyeschneide
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Mike, paying customers and open source users are treated exactly the same here - most of the time, we can't even tell whose who, nor do we ever care.

For this one in particular, the answer is yes - 3.2.4 is needed to run HQU. It was released in 3.2.2 I believe, but 3.2.4 is a stability release and is highly recommended. And, the docs should say that.

I hope you do consider enterprise - given your needs and volume of questions, I think you and your organization could benefit greatly from the extra enterprise automation and enterprise support. In the meantime, we'll be here in the forums...

-Stacey
0 Kudos