VMware Cloud Community
darreng247
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way to verify SMTP setup in the log?

Hi,

I want to know if there is a way to verify the SMTP email setup? i understand i could just confirm by receiving the email but i am not on the same network nor do i have a local email address on that email box.

I've tested locally with the same settings on my machine and receive an email plus the following from the server log:-

LOG EXTRACT : 13-02-2014 16:30:56,137 CAT ERROR [org.hyperic.hq.events.server.session.AlertConditionsSatisfiedListener@75a615821] [org.hyperic.hq.bizapp.server.session.EmailManagerImpl@154] Error sending email: [HQ] !! - SQL 2008 GBLON1-L0104 MsSQL 2008 R2 SQLEXPRESS

I'm not sure if this is an actual Error because i still receive the email alter locally. On the remote network i get the same entry in the log file but the user on the other end confirms that he/she does not receive the email alert.

Can i check or confirm somehow?

These are the settings which work on mynetwork, i receive the log entry above followed by an actual email.

I have the same settings with the exception of the server.mail.host on the remote network, i receive the same entry in the log but no email

server.mail.host=smtp.myserver.com

mail.smtp.port=25

mail.smpt.auth=false

mail.smtp.socketFactory.class=javax.net.SocketFactory

mail.smtp.socketFactory.fallback=false

mail.smtp.socketFactory.port=25

mail.smtp.starttls.enable=false

################################

0 Kudos
0 Replies