VMware Cloud Community
hypermike
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possible to create a XLS spreadsheet from exported data from HYperic

Im running Hyperic 3.2.6 currently.. Upgrading to 4.x soon..

With either version is there a way to export the data about servers in platforms into a
spreadshhet easily???

I would like to post information on a local web page as a pdf file after creating the
.XLS file ..

Any help would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
jvalkeal_hyperi

Enterprise edition has reporting services, which can be used to create inventory information as excel files.

But I assume you are using community edition? Right, at least in 4.x you can write few lines of groovy code(to groovy console) and export that information to csv format. That is something what you can later import to excel. I'm not sure was groovy console already available in 3.2.x series.
hypermike
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks!
Sorry I didnt get back sooner. I was looking at using the grovvy console, but since Im NOT a java developer I DONT know groovy and it seems to be difficult to use wit syntx etc.

Im still tryting though.

I would like to use groovy to create csv and downloadinto a xls file BUT am stuck in groovy.

Im also trying to create an alert for when load average goes over 2 using groovy and push it to all the hyperic clients using groovy BUT again I font know enough groovy..

I was looking for examples to do either above:

1. Download info using groovy into a csv and then into a .xls file
2. Use groovy to create a alert for load average and push it to all the clients.

Yes Im using the open source Hyperic which makes things more difficult,,
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Well, a longer but simpler way is to go to a full chart page and click on Export to CSV to get the data being displayed in the chart to export.

Charles
hypermike
Contributor
Contributor

Currently Im running open source 3.2.6 on a linux system.. I dont see export to CSV anywhere in any menu using Mozilla/firefox .. ??? Am I missing something .???
0 Kudos