VMware Cloud Community
vdebaere
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Installing a development build fails (postgresql)

Hi

I've created an installer for the current development version (using the ant target archive-full). That step delivered a bunch of installer files without complaining. Nice.

Next, I tried to install from the noJRE installer:
./setup.sh -postgresl. Works fine for the agent and the shell, connects to postgresql for server install, starts to setup the database and then suddenly fails with this error message:

Installing the server...
Unpacking server to: /opt/hyperic/server-3.0.0...
Creating server configuration files...
Copying binaries and libraries to server installation...
Setting up server database...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An ERROR occurred, the installation cannot continue.
FATAL EXCEPTION at /opt/hyperic/tmp/hyperic-hq-installer/installer-3.0.0/data/setup.xml:434: : The following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/hyperic/tmp/hyperic-hq-installer/installer-3.0.0/data/setup.xml:440: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/hyperic/tmp/hyperic-hq-installer/installer-3.0.0/data/setup.xml:553: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/hyperic/tmp/hyperic-hq-installer/installer-3.0.0/data/setup-db-PostgreSQL.xml:40: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/hyperic/tmp/hyperic-hq-installer/installer-3.0.0/data/setup-db-common.xml:93: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/hyperic/tmp/hyperic-hq-installer/installer-3.0.0/data/setup-db-common.xml:115: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/hyperic/tmp/hyperic-hq-installer/installer-3.0.0/data/db-upgrade.xml:28: Error loading starting schema version: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: relation "eam_config_props" does not exist

Any ideas on how to get the installer to create that table? I don't really get why it tries to 'upgrade' the database: this is supposed to be a clean install... .

Thanks in advance for any input...

Vincent
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi Vincent,

Glad to hear you were able to compile the packages on your own.

The 3.0 branch (trunk) is going through some significant changes as we move from entity beans to hibernate. For now, I'd suggest building packages from the 2.7 branch, which is the current stable tree. If you checkout the 2.7 tree in a parallel directory to your 3.0 tree the archive-full will work without you needing to pull all the extra packages. The 2.7 branch can be found at:

http://svn.hyperic.org/projects/hq/branches/HQ_2_7

-Ryan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi Vincent,

Glad to hear you were able to compile the packages on your own.

The 3.0 branch (trunk) is going through some significant changes as we move from entity beans to hibernate. For now, I'd suggest building packages from the 2.7 branch, which is the current stable tree. If you checkout the 2.7 tree in a parallel directory to your 3.0 tree the archive-full will work without you needing to pull all the extra packages. The 2.7 branch can be found at:

http://svn.hyperic.org/projects/hq/branches/HQ_2_7

-Ryan
0 Kudos
vdebaere
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

There were quiet a few extra packages to pull in indeed 😉 I'll build 2.7 as you suggest...

Thanks!

Vincent

PS: any information on timing for 3.0.0 yet (just curious if there's a target date) ?
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi Vincent,

We are in the middle of product planning for 3.0. We are excited to
share the targets with the community once we have a better idea
around dates and specific feature set. Community involvement in
shaping 3.0 is important to us, so we'll definitely let everyone know
as soon as we can.

Charles

0 Kudos
vineela_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Vincent ,

I am trying to create the installer using ant archive-full.But iam getting the following exception :
BUILD FAILED
/Users/vineela/Desktop/installer/trunk-r2383/build.xml:1399: PostgreSQL binaries not found at /Users/vineela/Desktop/installer/trunk-r2383/../pgsql. Either change
this property in your ~/.hq/build.properties to point to a working
copy of the pgsql project or checkout a copy to /Users/vineela/Desktop/installer/trunk-r2383/../pgsql

Total time: 3 seconds

Any idea me how to resolve this.

I have installed Postgres 8.0.3. In this vesion there will not be pgsql directory.pgsql is same as Postgresql directory.

I saw build.xml there they mentioned $pgsql.dir} but i dont know where they defined this variable.
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Building the installer is a more difficult task and requires a number
of binaries to be available, such as the JRE, JBoss and Postgres, and
a number of properties be defined in your build.properties. We do
not currently have documentation that support this activity.
However, we do have documentation on how to build from the source
tree and get a working build, please see:

http://support.hyperic.com/confluence/display/DOCSHQ27/Build
+Instructions

Charles

0 Kudos
vineela_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply.

I got the clean build which is successful.
I was facing problems with ant dbsetup.So I installed postgres again and created the hqdb with user hqadmin/hqadmin.Then the build is successful.

The pgsql dir problem is also resolved.But now iam facing a new problem while running ant archive-full.
The build fails saying

BUILD FAILED
/Users/vineela/Desktop/untitledfolder/trunk/build.xml:1577: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/vineela/Desktop/untitledfolder/trunk/build_util/archive-build.xml:13: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/vineela/Desktop/untitledfolder/trunk/build_util/archive-build.xml:116: Error while expanding /Users/vineela/Desktop/untitledfolder/jres/amd64-linux-jre.tar.gz

I downloaded the file amd64-linux-jre.tar.gz and placed in the jres directory.Still i am getting the same problem.

I didn't understand why it is asking for a linux jar file.I am using mac OS.

Any Ideas?

Vineela
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

archive-full is a target that rolls out the builds for every single
platform that we support and that's why it requires all of the
various JRE bundles to be present on the system.

Charles

0 Kudos
vineela_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ok.After placing the jar file also it says it is unable to expand.

Vineela
0 Kudos