VMware Cloud Community
ssroy
Contributor
Contributor

Installation problem in Ubuntu

Hi,

When I tried to install Hyperic HQ Open Source 4.3.0 in Windows, it asked me which DB I want use.

But now I downloaded Linux version of Hyperic and tried to install in Ubuntu (v 9) and it does NOT ask me for which DB I want to use. As per instruction, I have copied the ojdbc14.jar in lib folder before installation.

Please tell me if I am missing anything.

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Roy
0 Kudos
4 Replies
bjchip_hyperic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

check for an hqdb directory in your server home directory. It would be left over from the previous installation.

BJ
0 Kudos
excowboy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You have probably downloaded a nonJRE package for Windows, which does not contain a Java Runtime environment. If you have downloaded a platform specific package, it does contain a JRE and a postgres database.
If you want to use the database of your choice you should go for the nonJRE package you have already used for your Windows installation.

Hope this helps,
Mirko
0 Kudos
ssroy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi excowboy,

Thanks everyone for your help.

I have set the HQ_JAVA_HOME and JAVA_HOME before installation.

HQ_JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/jdk1.6.0_20
JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/jdk1.6.0_20

While downloading for Windows, I had downloaded the 32 bit ZIP version of Windows OS.

For Ubuntu, I have downloaded the 32 bit installer of Linux OS.

How do I check whether I have downloaded the nonJRE package or not.

I can see that both for Windows and Linux installer has JRE folder under installer-4.3.0 directory.

As you have mentioned that I should use the nonJRE package of Windows but can I use Windows one in Linux.

Sorry if I have misinterpreted anything.

Please help.

Best Regards,

Roy
0 Kudos
ssroy
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks everyone.

I found the solution.

I had to use following to use oracle

./setup.sh -oracle

Thanks a lot.