VMware Cloud Community
jkstraw
Contributor
Contributor

Indicator Chart custom views

I looked through the documentation and searched the forums but was not able to find an answer.

I have created some custom views for the Indicator Charts under the metric tab. I was wondering if there was a way to have these custom views available in other similar platforms/servers/services?

For example - On a linux platform I have created a custom view that shows memory (buffer+cache), 5min cpu, TCP in, TCP out, etc). I save the view as "server quick view". If I go to another linux platform the saved view is not available.

Is this possible in the current release?

Thanks,

P.S. running 3.1.1 EE
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ama_hyperic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

The easiest way to go about this is to set the metric indicators in monitoring defaults. However this applies for all resources of that type. The metric indicators define the metrics that are shown by default in the indicator view and browse resources.
jkstraw
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the quick response!

Correct me if I am wrong but would this also have an impact on how Hyperic views the health of the platform/server or service as well correct? My understanding is indicator metrics are a 'special' type of metric - that not only are they monitored and displayed by default (as described in the documentation glossary) but also added the aggregate for determining over health of a platform/server or service?

If I am incorrect about that - I think you solution would work as a short term solution. I was hoping the indicator views would be somewhat portable so they could be shared among different users.

Thanks again for the quick response
0 Kudos
ama_hyperic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

The indicator metrics do not impact the availability of a resource. Sigar or the plugin developer generally determine availability and it differs depending on the resource.
0 Kudos