VMware Cloud Community
charaneval
Contributor
Contributor

Incorrect Hyperic Metric Values

Hello Guys,

I have implemented hyperic in my environment and uploaded a custom plugin to monitor some of the windows performance counters which are not available in hyperic by default. Plugin is working properly, metrics are being generated in the hyperic UI, everything is good. But the only problem is the metrics are not displaying in correct format. I verified with all the available units, but i am not getting the value i want. For example if the value is 3.315754766702 (which is 3.3) from cmd prompt, it is showing as 331,575,476,670.2 in hyperic interface. How to correct itto display the values in correct format. Please help me.

Thanks

Charan

www2.isupportyou.net

0 Kudos
8 Replies
staceyeschneide
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I would suggest playing with 'units=X' where X is from this list: http://support.hyperic.com/display/DOCS46/metric#metric-units

0 Kudos
charaneval
Contributor
Contributor

Hi staceyeschneider,

Thanks for your reply, i have tried with all the units provided in that link already. Nothing coming up helpful. Please advice.

Charan

0 Kudos
laullon
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Could be a Locale problem.

Hyperic version?

Windows version?

Windows language?

Can you attach the plugin xml, and a sample cmd output?.

The plugin is only XML, or is a Java plugin?

0 Kudos
charaneval
Contributor
Contributor

Hyperic 4.6

Windows - Server 2008 R2

Windows Language - United States English

Find the attached .xml file. Above screenshot shows the metrics being generated in HQ UI. In the command prompt everything looks fine, find the attachment named "Metrics output from CMD.jpg". These values are displaying as shown in above screenshot in the original post.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
MMazaOIT
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
laullon
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Maybe is a bug when the PDK parse numbers with "E notation".
I'll investigate if there is some workaround.
German.
0 Kudos
charaneval
Contributor
Contributor

Hi German,

Thanks for your help, please do the needful when you have some time. i am tired of searching for a solution on this. Your help would really appreciated.

Thanks

Charan

0 Kudos
laullon
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I can't reproduce it.

0 Kudos