VMware Cloud Community
Venkat_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

ICMP Plugin Problem

Hello
I copied the ping-plugin.xm from agent/pdk/examples into the agent/pdk/plugins.
I changed the xml - to ping my deisgned server.
The permissions are set to hyperic

Then what should be the action at server side. I am not able to find it.

Could anyone guide me Please.

Regards
Venkat
0 Kudos
7 Replies
BradFelmey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Wow, popular subject today. Do I get points for answering all three separately, or is it just points for answering the question the first time? 🙂

http://support.hyperic.com/confluence/display/DOCSHQ30/Plugin+Development+Center#PluginDevelopmentCe...
0 Kudos
staceyeschneide
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I vote all three! I think we need to do a Props to Brad Felmey hackathon or something! 🙂

Hopefully all you HyperPeople out there know that clicking on the question answered link is great, but it doesn't dish out the points. You need to award them separately before you close it out.
0 Kudos
Venkat_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

hello

I copied the ping.plugin xml in agent directory and also in the server directory
as specified in the doc.

/home/hyperic/server-3.0.2/hq-engine/server/default/deploy/hq.ear/hq-plugins

I restarted the server as well

Still i am not able to see the service.

Please let me know where i am missing
0 Kudos
dgorman_hyperic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have you also tried your hq-plugins directory at the root level on the agent?

Anything in the logs?
0 Kudos
dgorman_hyperic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have you also tried your hq-plugins directory at the root level on the agent?

Anything in the logs?
0 Kudos
JohnMarkOrg
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Venkat,

I had the same problem. In my case, it was permissions. If the XML file is not readable by your HQ process owner(s), then it won't show up.

When I changed permissions, I had to restart the agent. If you have to change permissions in the server directory, it might require a server restart as well.
0 Kudos
rlund123
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Sir,

After copying the XML files to respective directories,go to the inventory tab of that platform and go to the services
1)select ICMP Ping in view combo box and click new.
2)Then specify the platform u want to ping or it will take the default hostname which u specified in the xml file.

Now hyperic will start monitoring the ICMP Ping service. And the ICMP Ping link will appear in the monitoring module...

Hope, it helps u..

Regards,
Zainab
0 Kudos