VMware Cloud Community
jbiswas
Contributor
Contributor

Hyperic & weblogic 10.3.1

I am trying to monitor weblogic 10.3.1 resources using Hyperic 4.2. Apart from the admin server auto-discover issue, things are ok. However, in the metrics , I am seeing only 5
Server Availability
JTA Transactions Rolled Back per Minute
JVM Free Memory
Sockets Open
JTA Total Transactions per Minute

I see in the documentation that several other parameters are available but not turned on by default. How can we turn them on - for example JDBC statistics?

Message was edited by: jbiswas
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Wang99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HI, my friend,
please find the words: "show all metrics" and click on it

Good luck
0 Kudos
rwmastel
Contributor
Contributor

(Reviving an old thread.)

I have been running HypericHQ 4.6 (server and agent) for a few months and monitoring various metrics on platforms, servers, and services has worked well until now.  I was asked to monitor Weblogic 10.3.  The default metrics collect just fine and alerts on those metrics work as expected.  When I go into Show All Metrics and select a few more to monitor, the interval for those additional metrics are saved, but they never start collecting.  So, instead of trying to enable them on a particular Weblogic 10.3 server, I went to the Administration tab, selected Monitoring Defaults, and under the Server Types section scrolled down to Weblogic 10.3 and clicked Edit Metric Template.  I selected the same metrics and set the same interval, and I also selected them and clicked on Set Selected Metrics as Indicators.  The metrics are still not collecting data on the resource.

Where specifically, since I'm still relatively new to the product, can I look for log file info or configuration file info that would show me why this is not working?

Thanks,

Rodd

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Try to look at server and agent log files:

Server:

Files: server.log, wrapper.log, bootstrap.log

Example: /home/hyperic/server-4.6.6.BUILD-SNAPSHOT-EE/logs

Agent:

File: agent.log

Example: /home/hyperic/agent-4.6.6.BUILD-SNAPSHOT-EE/log

Thanks,

Tal

0 Kudos
mbaker2
Contributor
Contributor

Also make sure that the credentials you have given Hyperic to login to WebLogic are for an administrator user. Some metrics are not available to lesser roles.

0 Kudos