VMware Cloud Community
JoeVaughan1
Contributor
Contributor

Hyperic server not starting.

I am trying to deploy Hyperic 5 open source to a windows server 2012.

I have installed the Hyperic server. When i try to start the service it runs for about 4 seconds then stops.

I am using the built in DB.

I will attach the bootstrap.log.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

From log looks like that the server is trying to update or create the hq db. (org.hyperic.tools.ant.dbupgrade.DBUpgrader.execute)

Can you explain what are you doing ?

Are you trying to install hyperic server from scratch ?

If you install from scratch i recommend remove previous version and re-install again. In addition there is a new release (5.8.1) of hyperic, so try it.

Good Luck and Enjoy.

0 Kudos
JoeVaughan1
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to install from scratch yes.

This is the first time Hyperic has ever been on this server so there are no previous versions to remove, I already tried Re-installing before i posted on here.

Is there anything else you can suggest or is my best option to try 5.8.1?

0 Kudos
JoeVaughan1
Contributor
Contributor

Also, I can't download version 5.8.1 anyway, i have just attempted to download it and got a pop up saying the file cannot be found or is unavailable.

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue and get the server running would be great.

0 Kudos
joseCardoso
Contributor
Contributor

Did you run the db-start.bat script?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

I will check and fix this issue.

thanks,

Yaron

0 Kudos
JoeVaughan1
Contributor
Contributor

I did.

0 Kudos
joseCardoso
Contributor
Contributor

Try another version of hyperic or try to create your own postgres database (you have to do a createdb HQ) and use "setup.bat -full" for the installation.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

As Jose said, try to install another version (5.7or 5.8). In addition try to download again installation zip file and unpack.

Make sure you are using relevant zip file for 32 or 64 bit.

Try to install hyperic server on another server.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Another thing to try is making sure the cmd window was launched using "Run as Administrator" as I believe there may cause startup issues as well.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi Joe,

Here is a good link of latest (5.8.1) hyperic - https://sourceforge.net/projects/hyperic-hq/files/Hyperic_5.8.1/

Please update us if it solved your installation problem.

Good Luck.

0 Kudos