VMware Cloud Community
DodRocket
Contributor
Contributor

Hyperic and Windows server NT4

Hi!

I'm wondering if Hyperic monitors really windows NT4? I deployed agent on my server, it is starting correctly but it is not discover automaticly by hyperic on my dashboard. Is it normal? Well, my Nt4 is an virtual machine (VMs). Would I set something special with virtual machines?

I have a virtual IP address for all my VMs, should I save the virtual IP address to connect to the server?

Regards!
Reply
0 Kudos
5 Replies
excowboy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

> Hi!
>
> I'm wondering if Hyperic monitors really windows NT4?

At least SIGAR supports NT4:
http://support.hyperic.com/display/SIGAR/Home

> I deployed agent on my server, it is starting
> correctly but it is not discover automaticly by
> hyperic on my dashboard.

Please explain. Where did you install your HQ Server and where your Agents ?

> Is it normal? Well, my Nt4
> is an virtual machine (VMs). Would I set something
> special with virtual machines?

No.
>
> I have a virtual IP address for all my VMs, should I
> save the virtual IP address to connect to the server?
>

Every Virtual Machine needs a separate IP address in order to setup Hyperic.
>
> Regards!

Cheers,
Mirko
Reply
0 Kudos
excowboy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

> Hi!
>
> I'm wondering if Hyperic monitors really windows NT4?

At least SIGAR supports NT4:
http://support.hyperic.com/display/SIGAR/Home

> I deployed agent on my server, it is starting
> correctly but it is not discover automaticly by
> hyperic on my dashboard.

Please explain. Where did you install your HQ Server and where your Agents ?

> Is it normal? Well, my Nt4
> is an virtual machine (VMs). Would I set something
> special with virtual machines?

No.
>
> I have a virtual IP address for all my VMs, should I
> save the virtual IP address to connect to the server?
>

Every Virtual Machine needs a separate IP address in order to setup Hyperic.
>
> Regards!

Cheers,
Mirko
Reply
0 Kudos
DodRocket
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

I installed the server in a Linux machine and the agent in a virtual machine.
All agents deployed on Windows machines are working properly except this one virtual machine NT4.

I agree with you, I put the IP address on my virtual machine but it doesn't discover by hyperic.

Regards
Reply
0 Kudos
excowboy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Did you check if the Agent process is running on your NT box ? Is it probably a Java issue ? Do you have any Java settings like JAVA_HOME environment variable which points to an old JDK (1.4.x) ?

Cheers,
Mirko
Reply
0 Kudos
DodRocket
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Yes my Agent is running on my Nt box.

Well, I will check my JDK and we will see if an older one or not. Thanks

Regards.
Reply
0 Kudos