couple of questions.
1) We are planning to implement Hyperic 5.0 in our environment for application monitoring. I wanted to know if the installation of the agent will cause any performance issues on the Virtual machine that hyperic is monitoring. What is the percentage of resources hyperic agent will use to feed in the information to the Hyperic server?
2) What are the maximum platform/server load a single instance of hyperic can take?
3) How do we ensure high availability of the hyperic server?
1. The percentage of resources used by the agent can vary depending on what is being monitored. Assuming a single agent is not monitoring a large number of resources, the agent footprint is minimal.
2. For the open source version - 50-100 agents (averaging 20 resources per platform). The Enterprise version has configurations for different scales, with a large scale setup supporting 2000 agents, with 40,000 metrics per minute.
3. The Enterprise version has an HA setup, involving a setup with of two Active-Active Hyperic servers.