VMware Cloud Community
ivmware
Contributor
Contributor

Hyperic Dashboard

Hi All,

I am using Hyperic HQ 3.0.4 open source for the last couple of months now and so far it been great. But lately my coworker noticed that as he edit the metrics viewer by a section but once He hit OK his changes are not reflected. He is using IE7 I use Firefox and I don't have such problem. Is there problem or limitation regarding Hyperic user interface and IE7.

Cheers YT
0 Kudos
6 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

> Hi All,
>
> I am using Hyperic HQ 3.0.4 open source for the last
> couple of months now and so far it been great. But
> lately my coworker noticed that as he edit the
> metrics viewer by a section but once He hit OK his
> changes are not reflected. He is using IE7 I use
> Firefox and I don't have such problem. Is there
> problem or limitation regarding Hyperic user
> interface and IE7.
>
> Cheers YT

It's possible there is an issue with that portlet and IE 7, if you can give some steps to reproduce the problem I'll give it a try.

Are you and your co-worker using different login's to HQ? The configuration is tied to the user so if you have multiple people accessing HQ concurrently under the same user id, strange results could occur.

-Ryan
0 Kudos
ivmware
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, what he was trying to do was add metric viewer portlet and change the setting to see swap used for some servers but once he hit OK changes are not reflected.

Each user has its own login account.

Cheers
YT
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I verified it in Release 3.0.4 ,it works fine for me with IE 7.You can try to add another instance of Metric Viewer in the portlet and see if it works.

Thanks,
Nipuna
0 Kudos
ivmware
Contributor
Contributor

Why it's not working on my machine then? I am using the same Hyperic and IE version, we tried it on different machines but the same result, it doesn't reflect the change right away I had to delete browser history and logout and login to see the change.

I think it is still a problem... or problem with both IE and Hyperic GUI refresh compatibility?

Cheers
YT
0 Kudos
sadeMan
Contributor
Contributor

When you select metric view there are some boxes at the top (display settings) that you fill out, then do you hit the ok button?

If so you are still not done you need to hit the add to list button.
Then select the resource to add and hit the ok button.

Now it should show up in the metric view.
I don't know if that is what you are tring or not, hope it helps.

Brian
0 Kudos
ivmware
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Brian.
But I am not new to Hyperic, I have been testing it extensively for the last 4 month. What I would like to know is if any one encountered the same problem.

Cheers
YT
0 Kudos