VMware Cloud Community
Argon0_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

Hyperic Community Edition

Has this ceased?

I have downloaded the latest Windows version from the Community site - 4.5 - which will not seem to install properly.

I've run the installer on a Windows XP machine, seemed to be OK - the Hyperic Server service started OK. But then I tried to go to the URL. And get this:

"HTTP Status 404 -

type Status report

description The requested resource () is not available.
Apache Tomcat/6.0.29
"

Not sure why.

Also there seems to be a newer version on SourceForge, which I have now downloaded, but this seems to be a couple of revisions behind the vFabric Version (4.5.1 verses 4.5.1.2 on vFabric). Does this mean dev of the "Open Source" Community edition has been discontinued???
0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I suspect the lack of 4.5.1.2 on SourceForge is a temporary oversight. I'll look into it.

As for your error, ensure that you are running Apache/Tomcat on the server and that there are no firewalls or proxies blocking access to ports 7080 and 7443 on the server or 2144 on the agent machine.
Argon0_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

<erm> as the error mentions Tomcat, I'd suspect that Tomcat is running, how does one check?

There are ~ 20 instances of PostGres.exe running according to task manager.

No FWs between me and it, trying it locally. Will check if firewall on PC is enabled, but doubt it.

Andy

(OH, btw what's with the OFFICE Spam...?)

Message was edited by: Argon0
0 Kudos
Argon0_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

BTW got this to work by installing into c:\hyperic rather than my user profile, and using 4.5.1 rather than 4.5.

THink this may have been to do more with profile...
0 Kudos
Argon0_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

By installing with another user, and putting everything into a non profile based directory with version 4.5.1 I got this to work.
0 Kudos
Argon0_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

Any news on this?
0 Kudos