VMware Cloud Community
leeminwv
Contributor
Contributor

Hyperic 5.8 with SQL 2008

I ma trying to monitor a SQL 2008 instance that is installed on a different drive letter than c:. I have tried modifying the install path to reflect the location in the type and host properties section, but have had no luck getting Hyperic to see the databases on the server. It does see the SQL agent and the Report server.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

As I understood, you CAN monitor SQL Agent and Report Server by hyperic agent, but hyperic agent didn't discover SQL DBs. Right ?

Please attach hyperic agent.log.

Does user which run hyperic agent has permission to connect to SQL Server Instance ?

0 Kudos
leeminwv
Contributor
Contributor

A copy of the log file is attached. The system databases are on a different drive letter than c:\

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Go to hyperic agent home and run:

java -jar bundles\agent-x86-64-win-5.8.0\pdk\lib\hq-pdk-5.8.0.jar -p mssql -Dplugins.include=mssql -Dlog=debug -m discover -a metric > debug.log

Attach created debug.log

0 Kudos
leeminwv
Contributor
Contributor

Please see attached.

Thanks

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Please stop an agent, run command again and attach updated debug.log

0 Kudos
leeminwv
Contributor
Contributor

Sure. I have attached the file.

Thanks

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

As I see from your last debug log your SQL Server Instance installed on Drive C:

MsSQL 2008 MSSQLSERVER [C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL]

Let's check something . Go to perfmon (Start -> Run -> perfmon), press on "plus" to open "Add Counter" window look for "SQLServer:Databases" and press on it.

Attach your screenshot .

Good LuckPerfmon.png

0 Kudos