VMware Cloud Community
SpaceMonk3y
Contributor
Contributor

Hyperic 5.8.4 Monitor file system by mount name

I am working on new 5.8.4 install and planning monitoring defaults.  I work in multiple OS environments (Linux and Windows).  Currently setting the FileServer Mount to say alert when under 500MB does not work for certain partitions in linux such as /boot which might be set already at 500mb so alert is constant.

Is there a way to set FileServer Mount alerts specific to mount/drive names?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

You should be able to set an alert for a specific file server mount.

In the resources tab click on the platform a FileServer Mount a Choose one of the File Server mounts

Click on the Alert tab and define a new specific alert for the selected File Server mount.

0 Kudos
SpaceMonk3y
Contributor
Contributor

I think the process you are speaking on, is to manually go to each server and configure the mount on the individual platform.  I am trying to avoid this, as I will be adding hundreds of linux boxes.   I was hopeful that I would be able to create a default monitor/alert that could check the mount name (i.e. /boot)

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Looks like you want to define general alert for all Linux/Windows FileServer Mount serices.

Go to "Administration" tab -> Monitoring Defaults

Look for FileServer Mount service type and press on "Edit Alerts", create your alert.

Good Luck

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Is it help you ?

Please update the post.

0 Kudos
SpaceMonk3y
Contributor
Contributor

What you recommended is to setup default monitoring, which I already know how to do.  I am looking for a way to setup custom monitoring based on mount name.

0 Kudos