So we have started to load the hyperic agent on a few of our systems. All the Windows 2008 R2 agents are reporting and showed up via auto-discovery just fine. However all the Windows 2003 x32 hosts I have tried to load so far haven't reported.
Logs are clean. You can see in the agent logs that its connecting and exchanging the ssl cert. the hyperic server never reports a thing.
Anyone seen this before? Anything I can try?
Thanks for your responces so far.
the agent does not show up in auto discover, however i did find its IP by going to Resources > Browse > New Platform. from within this screen I can see its IP under Agent Connection
I will post the server log in a couple of hours.
Good. server log file can be helpfull.
In addition can you provide more information about your OS.
For both HQ server and HQ Agent- please post the OS version and if it is a patch /update/SP/ G11N...
Thank you very much for the information, we found out this is a bug which relevant only for 5.0 installations,
This won’t happen with all windows 2003 installations. It is relevant only when certain plug-ins are in use (due to a feature that was added in 5.0).
Hyperic will release windows agent fix for this issue
The fix should be available during the current week
1. For the enterprise version you should open a support ticket and you will get a download link.
2. For the opensource version a new agent will uploaded instead of the current one.