VMware Cloud Community
ChaseHansen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hyperic 5.0, Windows 2003 x32 agents not reporting

So we have started to load the hyperic agent on a few of our systems. All the Windows 2008 R2 agents are reporting and showed up via auto-discovery just fine. However all the Windows 2003 x32 hosts I have tried to load so far haven't reported.

Logs are clean. You can see in the agent logs that its connecting and exchanging the ssl cert. the hyperic server never reports a thing.

Anyone seen this before? Anything I can try?

0 Kudos
15 Replies
ChaseHansen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've done a reinstall of the agent, switched it to unsecure incase that might have been the issue. Still nothing. Agent log looks good. its attached to this post.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

hi

i see SSL exception in you logs

org.hyperic.hq.agent.AgentConnectionException: Error negotiating auth: Received fatal alert: certificate_unknown

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Did you see the agent in auto inventory tab at the server GUI?

I suggest to see server log file maybe you will get information about

the connection with agent.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

The SSL exception in log file related to the first startup of agent.

If no keystore is configured in agent before first startup

then in startup agent process it alerts the user about it and writes it into log file.

The user can choose to continue.

0 Kudos
ChaseHansen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for your responces so far.

the agent does not show up in auto discover, however i did find its IP by going to Resources > Browse > New Platform. from within this screen I can see its IP under Agent Connection

I will post the server log in a couple of hours.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Good. server log file can be helpfull.

In addition can you provide more information about your OS.

For both HQ server and HQ Agent- please post the OS version and if it is a patch /update/SP/ G11N...

0 Kudos
hnavarro
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

Having the exactly same problem over here, if someone have made some progress on this please share.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Thank you very much for the information, we found out this is a bug which relevant only for 5.0 installations,

This won’t happen with all windows 2003 installations. It is relevant only when certain plug-ins are in use (due to a feature that was added in 5.0).

Hyperic will release windows agent fix for this issue

Yaron

ChaseHansen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Good to know, any ETA or workaround? We are at a standstill with our testing/rollout of Hyperic.

0 Kudos
hnavarro
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yaron,

Thanks for the info.

Do you have a link for an official KB about the bug? Would be good having one to show to customers.

Best regards,

Navarro

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

I will update you when i will have additional info.

Yaron

0 Kudos
ChaseHansen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you

0 Kudos
ChaseHansen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Any update on a patch that fixes this issue? any workarounds?

0 Kudos
ecarmel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The fix should be available during the current week

1. For the enterprise version you should open a support ticket and you will get a download link.

2. For the opensource version a new agent will uploaded instead of the current one.

Eran

Product Line Manager | vCloud Operations | VMware
0 Kudos
ChaseHansen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We are currently on a trial license, demoing the product. Will just have to wait till its posted online.

0 Kudos