VMware Cloud Community
MichaelRios
Contributor
Contributor

Hyperic 4.1.0 monitoring Zimbra 5.0.15

I've got a brand-new Zimbra 4.1.0 upgrade on my Ubuntu server monitoring my Zimbra 5.0.15 box, also Ubuntu. On the Platform monitoring page, I see the Zimbra service appear, but marked with a gray bang. Clicking through that, I see:

This resource is turned off or has not been configured properly.
The problem is: Invalid configuration: Error reported by Agent @ 10.1.1.1:2144: java.lang.NullPointerException
Please turn on the server, or fix its Configuration Properties.

(IP address changed to protect the innocent.)

Nothing I seem to do on the Configuration Properties page seems to allow Zimbra monitoring to live. All changes result in that same error message of "Invalid configuration".

Has anyone seen this? Can anyone help?
Thanks!
0 Kudos
7 Replies
excowboy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

please turn on HQ Agent debugging (agent.properties) on the Zimbra server, restart the Agent and try to set the Configuration Properties again. Meanwhile please tail the agent.log and post the occuring errors.

Cheers,
Mirko
0 Kudos
marwa_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,
I have the same problem as mrios I have redone all Zimbra installation and I restart the agent HQ
but still marked with a gray bang 😞
Can you help me?
Thanks!
0 Kudos
MichaelRios
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, that's not clear to me: what needs to change in agent.properties to enable the debugging that you would like? I've tried a couple of things that seemed to produce no results.
0 Kudos
marwa_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

no idea that how monitor zimbra with hyperic!! 😞
0 Kudos
MichaelRios
Contributor
Contributor

I'm still stuck where I was...Mirko, if you could clarify your original debugging help, I could move forward.

Thanks!
mike.
0 Kudos
laullon
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Please try with the attached version.

Add this line to the agent.properties in order to activate the debug level.
log4j.logger.org.hyperic.hq.plugin.zimbra.five=debug
0 Kudos
MichaelRios
Contributor
Contributor

Forgive me, but I'm somewhat reluctant to install an unknown .jar file on my production systems. Thanks for that, though.

Is this config line specific to that .jar? Will it still enable debugging for me?

Update: I'm on Hyperic 4.1.1 now, still not watching Zimbra 5.0.16.

mike r.
0 Kudos