VMware Cloud Community
Bluewhite
Contributor
Contributor

How to execute a script in Hyperic GUI?

I create a "New platform service" whose type is "Script", and set its "path" to a simple script in the remote machine which just touch a file for testing.
But I don't know how to run this script in Hyperic GUI, and I found this script was executed, but I don't know when, how...

I thought there should be a button in this script type service view, and clicking this button can execute the script immediately.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
laullon
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

The script is executed by agent, according Collection Interval of metrics. See "Metric Data" tab.

http://support.hyperic.com/confluence/display/DOCSHQ30/Script+Plugin
0 Kudos
ama_hyperic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Sounds like you are trying to create a control action, not a script service. To create a control action, create a new platform service as type 'fileserver file' and then configure it to point at your script.

The script service is so that you can run a script ( like a nagios_check ) at regular intervals and get the exit code from it. This is likely running every 5 minutes.

Control actions through 'fileserver file' are slightly different. Configuring it as a control action will not run it at regular intervals by default, instead you have 3 different options to run the script. On Demand, scheduled and in response to a alert.
JohnMarkOrg
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

0 Kudos
Bluewhite
Contributor
Contributor

Got it! Thank you very much!
0 Kudos
spolepalli
Contributor
Contributor

hi,

i have a problem when im trying to execute script by using hyperic agent it showing no metric value on graph. i set the same settings on another agent its executing fine. and im using 4.6.6 version of hyperic. can any open help me here. im using script service for same. bellow the error message.please help me and give me the step to step for executing script by using script service.

pastedImage_0.png

thank u.

SRK

polepallisiva@gmail.com

0 Kudos