VMware Cloud Community
BigBirdy
Contributor
Contributor

How to add more services to platform view?

Just installed 3.0.1 on a RHES 4 machine. All is well except I would like to add more monitored services/graphs to the Browse Resources, Platforms page when I am viewing them as charts. Is there a way to add more charts for any given platform in this view?

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
admin
Immortal
Immortal

The metrics that are shown on the Browse Resources pages when in Chart mode are called indicator metrics. (These are also the metrics that are shown by default on the indicators tab when viewing resource monitoring data).

To change the set of indicators, go to the Administration link up in the masthead. From there click on Monitoring Defaults Configuration. On that page click the 'Edit Metric Template' link next to the resource type you want to change. (i.e. Linux). The resulting page allows you to select different metrics as indicators, as well as change the collection interval. Note that changes in this area will affect all existing resources of that type in your inventory.

For the charts to show up on the Browse Resources you'll need to make sure you mark them as indicators as well as enable them for collection.

Hope that helps,
-Ryan
0 Kudos