VMware Cloud Community
mikerobins
Contributor
Contributor

How to add a WebLogic webapp

Hello,

I've just started using hq 4.0.3 to help monitor my weblogic 10.x domains. Most things work fine but I find deployments to managed servers (which are in a cluster) don't get auto discovered. Deployments targeted to the admin server are discovered correctly.

I'm happy to add these missing deployments manually but can someone please explain what I need to fill in when configuring a service type of WebLogic 10 WebApp.

I have the fields 'application', 'webapp' and 'webapp.dir' to populate. I know what to put in the 'webapp.dir' field but I've tried adding the name of the web application deployed to both the 'application' and 'webapp' fields but get an error saying it can't find the deployment.

Any help, pointers to documentation or examples of what others have in these fields would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Mike.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MarieMcGarry
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey Mike,

The instructions at this link:

http://support.hyperic.com/display/hypcomm/Configure+HQ+Agent+to+Monitor+WebLogic+Server#ConfigureHQ...

Has info on troubleshooting problems with auto-discovery of WLS managed servers.

I wonder if resolving the discovery problem might also solve the prob with the web app config. I'll do more research on config req'mt.
0 Kudos
mikerobins
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response.

I've been through those suggestions and had already implemented some of them like the fqdn/ip matching statements in the agent configuration file.

The managed servers are discovered ok and their connection pools but just not the webapp deployments. My deployments are targeted to the cluster the managed servers participate in rather than the managed servers themselves if that makes any difference? However, I assume not as my connection pools are targetted the same way.

My managed servers are on separate physcial servers to the admin server (although all servers have agent installed) if that can make any difference?

In any event, I'm happy adding them manually if you can help me with the values I need to enter.

Many thanks,

Mike.
0 Kudos
veylan
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue. Have you found any resolution?

Once again the issue is with adding a WebApp. I am able to successfully add JTS metrics, etc. But when I add the WebApp, it's asking for the following data:
Application:
Webapp:
webapp.dir:

Error:
The configuration has not been set for this resource due to : Invalid configuration: Error retrieving value: MBean 'Domain1:Location=Server1,ServerRuntime=Server1,Type=WebAppComponentRuntime,ApplicationRuntime=HelloWorld,Name=HelloWorld' not found

Here's my Application as seen by Weblogic config.xml:
<app-deployment>
<name>HelloWorld</name>
<target>Server1</target>
<module-type>war</module-type>
<source-path>C:\A_UES_Project\HelloWorld\development\deploy\HelloWorld</source-path>
<deployment-order>100</deployment-order>
<security-dd-model>DDOnly</security-dd-model>
</app-deployment>

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

V

Message was edited by: veylan
0 Kudos