VMware Cloud Community
Vimm
Contributor
Contributor

HQ5 adding users

I'm playing around with HQ 5 and have added all my servers using the hqadmin user.  I created a couple test accounts, but when I login and hit the Resources tab there's nothing there.  The only way a resource will show up is if that user is the owner, or I login as hqadmin.  How can I make a user see all resources?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Your user doesn't has permissions, you have to create a new role.

Connect as hqadmin, go to Administration tab, click on new role , create a role with the permission you want, such as read, write or w/r , After you saved the role you can set it to the user you created.

Yaron

0 Kudos
gsocgsoc
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm having the same problem, the problem is that im using the open source edition so i can't create a new role.

Regards

0 Kudos
staceyeschneide
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

That is correct, gsocgsoc. Role-based access control is a feature only in the commercial version. You can check that version out here and download it for a trial to see if it is worth it for you: http://www.vmware.com/products/application-platform/vfabric-hyperic.html

0 Kudos
gsocgsoc
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Well, the question has nothing to do with roles, just seeing resources as a normal user in the open source edition.

Regards

0 Kudos