VMware Cloud Community
Gossett
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

HQ server just stops

hyperic.pngI

I noticed my hyperic server was giving can't log in - site was down. So I ran above and it works for a while and then stops. I have to go resart the HQ server. Twice so far today. Any ideas what could be causing this or where to look? I'm new to this so if any log files are needed I would appreciate how to get to them; i'm mostly windows guy with very  limited liunx knowledge. Thanks!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The logs directory should have the bootstrap, wrapper and server logs.  These would provide some insight as to why the server is stopping.

One common problem is starting the server with higher memory settings than the available memory on that OS.

In addition to the logs, check the memory settings in ../conf/hq-server.conf

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The logs directory should have the bootstrap, wrapper and server logs.  These would provide some insight as to why the server is stopping.

One common problem is starting the server with higher memory settings than the available memory on that OS.

In addition to the logs, check the memory settings in ../conf/hq-server.conf

0 Kudos
Gossett
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

thank you! where is the general log settings located for hyperic (path)? Thanks again.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It depends on where Hyperic was installed.  Here is the file to edit to change log levels.  A restart of the Hyperic Server is needed afterwards.  Let us know if you need a way to change the log settings without the restart.

/opt/hyperic/server-xxxx/conf/server-log4j.xml

/home/hyperic/server-xxxx/conf/server-log4j.xml

0 Kudos