VMware Cloud Community
chris_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

HQ license

Hi, all

I would like to install HQ to manage several VMWARE servers in a datacenter. I don't want to deploy HQ in others company, sell HQ or something like that.

My question is very simple, can I use only Opensource version ?

If the answer is NO, could you give me your price list ?

Thanks
Regards
0 Kudos
3 Replies
cwitt_hyperic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If HQ Open Source meets your needs, you are free to use it in whatever manner suits you under the GNU GPL v. 2.

If you require enterprise support, remote application and service control capabilities, log, configuration, and security event management, role-based access control with LDAP integration, advanced alerting & policy driven management, advanced problem identification & baselining, or agent deployment tools, you will want to pursue an Enterprise Subscription. You can contact sales_at_hyperic_dot_com by email for additional information.

Details on the differences between HQ Open Source and HQ Enterprise can be found on the Hyperic web pages here: http://www.hyperic.com/products/ent_features.html.
0 Kudos
JohnMarkOrg
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi Chris,

I'd also like to point out that when we first came out with the open source HQ project, it was with the intent of making something useful for sysadmins, whether they bought the enterprise version or not. Also, you should take a look at our 3.0 beta and see what's in store for the next version.

For now, take a look at 2.7 and see if it fits your needs. In the near future, we will come up with a price plan for support of HQ open source. In the meantime, contact sales if you're interested in that.

Either way, please tell us about your experiences with HQ. We definitely want to know how it goes!

-John Mark
0 Kudos
JohnMarkOrg
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

So apparently we *already* offer support (for pay) for open source HQ... I learn something new every day 😉
0 Kudos