VMware Cloud Community
bclark_hyperic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

HQ Client-Server Communication problem "provider not yet setup"

Hello,

I have a server (platform) that is having problems communicating with the Hyperic HQ 3.2.6 server. This is the error that I get in the Hyperic Agent logs:

2008-11-24 11:38:01,748 ERROR [AutoinventoryCommandsServer] Unable to send autoinventory platform data to server, sleeping for 15 secs before retrying. Error: Unable to communicate with server -- provider not yet setup
2008-11-24 11:38:01,748 ERROR [AutoinventoryCommandsServer] Unable to send autoinventory platform data to server, sleeping for 15 secs before retrying. Error: Unable to communicate with server -- provider not yet setup

After this, the Hyperic Agent automatically shuts down.

What does this mean? How do I fix this?

BTW: The HQ Server is 3.2.6. The HQ Agent is 3.2.5.

Brian
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Maybe there's some stale data. Why don't you stop the agent and remove the data directory? You will end up setting up the agent again, but you should know during the set up whether or not it's successful in connecting with the server.

Charles

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Maybe there's some stale data. Why don't you stop the agent and remove the data directory? You will end up setting up the agent again, but you should know during the set up whether or not it's successful in connecting with the server.

Charles
0 Kudos
bclark_hyperic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks. This resolved my issue.
0 Kudos