VMware Cloud Community
javelina73
Contributor
Contributor

Filesystem mount "No metric data available"

Recently added new san disks to a server and upresented the old ones.  They are from the same san, new ones are just faster.  HQ sees the new disks but I can't get any throughput metric data for filesystem mount or the "Disk Service Time" from the utilization group.  All the things I'm dying to know after moving the storage.

I've restarted the agent, reinstalled the agent, installed lastest agent version, reenabled the metrics for 5 minute intervals at the filesystem mount level and on each of the individual mount points.  I also deleted the old disks from the inventory.  Four of the mount points are new disks on previously existing mount points.  Two disks are new and have mount points that did not previously exist.  I can see this data for the local boot disk (not on the san).

I don't see any errors in the agent.log or server.log regarding the collection of the additional metrics.  The additional metrics were working for the old disks prior to adding new ones.  Hq server is open source version 5.0.0 on windows 2008r2.  Hq agent's I've have tried are 5.0.0, 5.8.1, 4.6.6.  Agent is running on solaris 10 on sparc server.  Filesystem's are all ufs.

Any ideas on getting these throughput metrics going?

0 Kudos
0 Replies