darreng_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

False Alerts

Jump to solution
Is anyone experiencing false alerts with Availability. (i.e - The service which is being monitoring for Availability is up and running but Hyperic is sending alerts "Service is not available")
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
excowboy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Hi,

quite often the issue is caused because of a time offset between the HQ Server and the Agent.

Check in Administration -> HQ Health, Agents tab the time offset in the last column. Usually the issue can be fixed by syncing the time by NTP in your environment.

Cheers,
Mirko

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mbaker3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I did see a few of these once. It was caused by the version of the plug-in in the agent being different to that in the server. Once we fixed that I haven't seen it again.

Murray
0 Kudos
excowboy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Hi,

quite often the issue is caused because of a time offset between the HQ Server and the Agent.

Check in Administration -> HQ Health, Agents tab the time offset in the last column. Usually the issue can be fixed by syncing the time by NTP in your environment.

Cheers,
Mirko
0 Kudos
Argon0_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for this, pointed out a problem with our installation. HQ was ~ 114 s behind our windows servers causing a missed reading every 5 minutes...

Synce HQ with Windows servers, now OK.
0 Kudos