VMware Cloud Community
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Exchange 2013 Support

Hi,

I've just installed the Hyperic 5.8.1 agent on an Exchange 2013 mailbox server, but the agent hasn't picked up that it's an Exchange server... Am I missing something?

TIA

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Currently now Hyperic 5.8.1 doesn't support Exchange 2013, it's on our pipeline.

We will update our solution exchange site with the updated plugin when it will be released.

https://solutionexchange.vmware.com/store/products/microsoft-exchange-server-hyperic

Thanks,

Yaron

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Hyperic 5.8.1 doesn't support Exchange 2013.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Currently now Hyperic 5.8.1 doesn't support Exchange 2013, it's on our pipeline.

We will update our solution exchange site with the updated plugin when it will be released.

https://solutionexchange.vmware.com/store/products/microsoft-exchange-server-hyperic

Thanks,

Yaron

0 Kudos
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thanks for the information. Is there an ETA for when Exchange 2013 will be supported?

0 Kudos
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Any update on Exchange 2013 support?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Updated plugin with Exchange 2013 support has been released to the Solutions Exchange Cloud Management Marketplace | Solution Exchange

0 Kudos
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

This plugin doesn't seem to do anything...  I've uploaded it to the HQ server, and it has synced back to the agents running on my Exchange server. I've performed a re-inventory, and have gone as far as reinstalling the agent on the server. No dice.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Awjudge,

As I understood from your response, you can't discover and monitor Exchange 2013. Right ?

Please make sure that hq agent windows service runs as domain user.

Please attach agent.log file

Thanks

0 Kudos
JamisonClark
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I downloaded the currently available plug-in from Solution Exchange for Exchange which resulted in no change in build version or visibility over Exchange 2013. Please advise.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

JamisonClark,

In order for the vCenter Hyperic agent to monitor a Microsoft Exchange 2013 platform, you must modify the Hyperic user credentials in Windows services. The modification must be made before you start the Hyperic agent.

The modification changes the user from a local user to a domain user. The domain user must be in the same group as the local user.

Thanks

0 Kudos
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Ugh, this is nasty.

So, help me out here, because it's still not playing ball.

I'm logging into the server as a domain admin. I copy the Agent files to C:\program files\hyperic\.

I run an administrative command prompt as my domain admin user.

I run /bin/hq-agent.bat install

This creates the Hyperic windows service on the server.

I modify the service to run as my Domain Admin user.

Back to the command prompt, I do hq-agent.bat start, fill out the details on how to connect to the HQ server. The agent starts up fine and registers with the HQ server.

No Exchange details come up in HQ.

Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Please check your local administration group (take a look on screenshot), attach agent.log filedomain_user_permissions.jpg

Thanks

0 Kudos
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

So my AD user is a member of Domain Admins, and Domain Admins is a member of the local Administrators group on the Exchange server. Log attached.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Please go to your hq agent home and run:

java -jar .\bundles\agent-x86-64-win-X.X.X\pdk\lib\hq-pdk-X.X.X.jar -p exchange -Dplugins.include=exchange -Dlog=debug -m discover > c:\debub.log

Where X.X.X is hyperic version

Attach debug.log

Thanks

0 Kudos
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

That command returns:

"No main manifest attribute in <path>\hqee-pdk-5.8.2.jar"

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Please use hq-pdk-5.8.2.jar

0 Kudos
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Ah, that's better. Sorry, I misread your command.

Log attached.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Open Exchange PowerShel and run:

Get-ExchangeServer -Identity WIN-EXCH02 | format-list ServerRole

You have a exchange's problem - OpenError: (System.Manageme....RemoteRunspace:RemoteRunspace) [New-PSSession], PSRemotin gTransportException+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : IncorrectProtocolVersion,PSSessionOpenFailed.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Looks like the user isn't assigned to any management roles. Ensure your account is a member of the Organization Management group.

awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thanks for the assistance, it's looking much better now.

One last question, if I may... Many of the metrics are coming up with messages such as "Failed to invoke getProcFd[Pid.Service.eq=MSExchangeADTopology]: No Process counters defined (disabled?): Pid.Service.eq=MSExchangeADTopology"

Is this something we need to enabled on the Exchange server?

0 Kudos