VMware Cloud Community
wilmcgilvery
Contributor
Contributor

Event Log Alerts

Hello Everyone:

I have just started working with Hyperic HQ and I have a question about event log alerts - is there any way to excluded certain event log events?

In particular, I am getting alerts whenever someone RDP's to a server and their terminal printers logs an error.  It would be nice to be able to exclude these from the alerts. I know you can specify event log items, but I wouldn't know what to include. I only really know what I don't need to be told about.

Also, is there any easy way to create an alert and then copy it to another server when you want too?

tx

Wil

0 Kudos
1 Reply
rwmastel
Contributor
Contributor

I've used Windows Event Log alerting to find a specific item.  I don't know if you can say "everything except X".

If you're using the Enterprise version, you can assign alerts to a resource type and then they all get them.  If you only have a hand full of servers, it's not too hard to screen shot the alert that works on one system then manually duplicate it elsewhere.  If you have dozens of servers, then you might want to look into some scripting or using the hqapi.

0 Kudos