VMware Cloud Community
elgreco81
Expert
Expert

Error while installing Hyperic with embeded postgres

Hi,

I'm trying to install Hyperic Open Source over a RHEL 6.3 64 bits.

I ran into this error during the installation (agent and server at the same time)

"Starting built-in database...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An ERROR occurred, the installation cannot continue.

An error occurred trying to start the HQ built-in database.  More
information may be available in the /home/hyperic/server-4.6.6/logs/hqdb.log file.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for server to stop...
Stopping built-in database...
An ERROR occurred, the installation cannot continue.
FATAL EXCEPTION at /opt/hyperic/hyperic-hq-installer-4.6.6/installer/data/setup.xml:523: : The following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/hyperic/hyperic-hq-installer-4.6.6/installer/data/setup.xml:532: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/hyperic/hyperic-hq-installer-4.6.6/installer/data/setup.xml:777: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/hyperic/hyperic-hq-installer-4.6.6/installer/data/setup-db-PostgreSQL.xml:156: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/hyperic/hyperic-hq-installer-4.6.6/installer/data/setup-db-PostgreSQL.xml:197: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/hyperic/hyperic-hq-installer-4.6.6/installer/data/server.xml:125: exec returned: 1
Deleting temporary JRE "

If a "cat" the log as adviced, I get this message.

"pg_ctl: PID file "/home/hyperic/server-4.6.6/hqdb/data/postmaster.pid" does not exist
Is server running?"

So the problem seems to be related to the embeded database but I have no idea what can I do to fix that...I'm working on a test machine with snapshots so roll backs are easy Smiley Happy

Any help is more than welcome!

elgreco81

Please remember to mark as answered this question if you think it is and to reward the persons who helped you giving them the available points accordingly. IT blog in Spanish - http://chubascos.wordpress.com
0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Please try to install the hyperic again and send the full log file.

Thanks,

Tal

0 Kudos
karnati_vs
Contributor
Contributor

I got the similar error when i tried to install the 64bit installation on the 32 bit machine.

please cross check your installation Architecture with your server(machine) Architecture.

0 Kudos
elgreco81
Expert
Expert

Hi,

After changing the configuration of the database to lower the required RAM needed for it to run, hyperic finally works for me. I guess that other solution could be just "adding" more RAM to the VM Smiley Happy.

Thank you guys!

elgreco81

Please remember to mark as answered this question if you think it is and to reward the persons who helped you giving them the available points accordingly. IT blog in Spanish - http://chubascos.wordpress.com
0 Kudos
elgreco81
Expert
Expert

Database RAM requirements changed to fit VMs RAM configuration.

0 Kudos
Mars_Wang2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, generated the same issue in my install progress,can you tell me  how to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos