VMware Cloud Community
ceslick_hyperic
Contributor
Contributor

Error on Upgrade to 4.4 from 4.2 Open source edition

Hi,

I have been trying to upgrade version 4.2 of Hyperic HQ open source edition to 4.4.

It does the agent fine but then fails on the server install, analyzing the database. Below is the error:

Installing the server...
Unpacking server to: /usr/local/hyperic/server-4.4.0...
Creating server configuration files...
Copying binaries and libraries to server installation...
Copying server configuration file...
Copying server control file...
Copying server binaries...
Copying server db-upgrade files...
Copying server libs...
Setting up server database...
Analyzing database...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An ERROR occurred, the installation cannot continue.
FATAL EXCEPTION at /home/hyperic/hyperic-4.4/hyperic-hq-installer/installer-4.4.0/data/setup.xml:439: : The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/hyperic/hyperic-4.4/hyperic-hq-installer/installer-4.4.0/data/setup.xml:448: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/hyperic/hyperic-4.4/hyperic-hq-installer/installer-4.4.0/data/setup.xml:588: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/hyperic/hyperic-4.4/hyperic-hq-installer/installer-4.4.0/data/setup-db-PostgreSQL.xml:44: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/hyperic/hyperic-4.4/hyperic-hq-installer/installer-4.4.0/data/setup-db-PostgreSQL.xml:207: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: canceling statement due to statement timeout
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deleting temporary JRE

If anyone can help with why this is happening, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Chris
0 Kudos
3 Replies
argie01
Contributor
Contributor

I have exactly the same problem, but it happens when I try to do a new installation of the last release of hyperic....
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

In the hq-install.log.verbose file there should be some more detailed information on why it failed. You can look in there or post it here and we can go fromt here.
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

In the hq-install.log.verbose file there should be some more detailed information on why it failed. You can look in there or post it here and we can go fromt here.
0 Kudos